***Survivor: Flying out of the competition (Singles Top 6)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
As we draw closer to the conclusion of this competition, the loser in the last round was ...

THE FLY

Non-winners list
Finals
40. The Fly
39. Even Better Than The Real Thing AND New Year's Day
38. If God Will Send His Angels
37. Staring At The Sun
36. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
35. Sunday Bloody Sunday
34. The Unforgettable Fire
33. Popheart
32. Out Of Control
31. Beautiful Day
30. Desire
29. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
28. Electrical Storm
27. Vertigo AND Walk On
26. I Will Follow
25. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
24. Stuck In A Moment
23. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
22. Two Hearts Beat As One
21. The Sweetest Thing
20. A Celebration
19. Gloria

90s/00s Singles
18. Please
17. Elevation
16. Discotheque
15. Last Night On Earth
14. Miss Sarajevo
13. All Because Of You
12. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
11. Numb
10. Lemon
9. Mofo AND Mysterious Ways

Eighties Singles
8. Fire
7. Angel Of Harlem
6. One Tree Hill
5. A Day Without Me
4. In God's Country
3. Another Day
2. 40
1. When Love Comes To Town

Full results from the previous round
The Fly - 31 votes
Stay - 22
All I Want Is You - 10
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - 9
One - 3
With Or Without You - 2
Where The Streets Have No Name - 0

Total votes = 77

Finals: U2 Singles Survivor - Top Six

is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the single you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

Please be aware that you are voting on the WHOLE single release, not the individual a-side. In the same way that album survivor involved whole albums with their full complement of tracks competing against each other, singles survivor will involve whole singles with their full complement of tracks competing against each other.

This is a TWO day timed electronic poll.

Instructions:

Voting

Each round please vote off the single you like the least. The single with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round. Voting is anonymous. It's not compulsory to state your preference in the thread.

Next round all the singles are listed again, minus the single that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite single from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until there's only two singles left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last single standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it).

Tie Breaker

In the event of a tie, both or all tied singles will be instantly eliminated from the competition.

Have fun!

Stay, kindly stay out of the top five, thanks!

Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad Yard Club Edit)/Lemon (The Perfecto Mix)/Bullet The Blue Sky (live)/Love Is Blindness (live)

Really, really tough choice, but out of those, Stay has got to go.

Stay has to stay! my fellow U2 advocates, just think of it this way... The single Stay has b-sides, remixes, and live performances. Now, do the other five singles have those aside from b-sides? Obviously not. And speaking of b-sides, Slow Dancing and Under My Skin are as great b-sides as those from the other remaining singles. Stay has to stay!

z00ropean said:
The single Stay has b-sides, remixes, and live performances. Now, do the other five singles have those aside from b-sides? Obviously not.

Thankfully not too. Remixes can burn in hell and I'd rather a good b-side than a good live track.

Slow Dancing really needs the full band treatment, I think. But at least the Stay single version's not sung by Willie Nelson.

Axver said:

Remixes can burn in hell and I'd rather a good b-side than a good live track.

NOT all remixes suck! I have friends who aren't big fans of U2 but they love the perfecto remixes especially lemon. Stay has a wonderful remix track in Lemon and two great live tracks in addition to two good b-sides. So, what is there to vote off Stay? Come to your senses my fellow U2 fans. It is, in my opinion, a "complete single." It is like pizza with everything on it. You have to love it. Please keep Stay!

z00ropean said:

NOT all remixes suck! I have friends who aren't big fans of U2 but they love the perfecto remixes especially lemon. Stay has a wonderful remix track in Lemon and two great live tracks in addition to two good b-sides. So, what is there to vote off Stay? Come to your senses my fellow U2 fans. It is, in my opinion, a "complete single." It is like pizza with everything on it. You have to love it. Please keep Stay!

I can count on one hand the number of remixes I like:

- Wire (Dub Mix)
- Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix)*
- Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss)*
- Dirty Day (Junk Day)
- I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub)*
*I consider these better than the originals

The Lemon remixes ... are best left out of the competition. I'd rather a complete single collection in the sense of a cohesive set of original material, a mini-album. And for that reason, the 'big three' from the Joshua Tree have my support.

Also, I hate those pizzas with everything. They have too many things I don't like. :wink:

Very hard decision ........ What shall I pick ??? ... Still thinking ...
Which one, Which one will it be ??? ... Okay, here's my logic ...
I mean yeah, "Stay" probably should've been the one to go ...
but I absolutely love "Lemon (The Perfecto Mix) ... so, I held on
to "Stay" for now. But looking at the rest of that list ... made
it somewhat easier .. "All I Want Is You" (single edit / LP version),
"Unchained Melody" and "Everlasting Love" ... Oh really !!
PLEASE ... what's those still there for ?? "AIWIY" is clearly the
one that has the go next ... GOODBYE ... gone and outta here !!

All i want is you is easily the weakest single left here. It gets my vote....

stagman said:
One - it should've gone a while ago..... comon, It can't beat Stay with what is on the rest of the tracklisting...
COME ON PEOPLE...THINK ABOUT IT

:up: I completely agree!

Aardvark747 said:
Oh well.....looks like my fave is outta here!

I see you've learnt how to take defeat gracefully from me. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom