***Survivor: Don't You Worry About Your Mind (Albums Rd 12)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote FOR the album you LOVE the MOST

• I :heart: The Joshua Tree

Votes: 49 31.6%
  • I :heart: Achtung Baby

Votes: 106 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
U2girl said:
If you don't acknowledge the supporting points I posted, ok.

What supporting points? You haven't made any. Thats what I have been asking for. If you can prove it, I will believe you but so far you haven't provided any evidence of this "fact".

I told you not to pay attention to U2girl's babbling... it's just a voice of desperation of being in monority of older lady that can't deal with the changes going on around her... it's sad realy...:(

It does because it shows they were unsure of their fans' opinion of the new direction, thus they cared about it. So again, yes, I would say opinion of the earliest fans matters.

U2girl said:
It does because it shows they were unsure of their fans' opinion of the new direction, thus they cared about it. So again, yes, I would say opinion of the earliest fans matters.

Pardon? You said:

I wasn't talking about casual fans, but those who followed them since the start and through the 80's so yes I would say their opinions carry a lot of weight. It is a well known fact they didn't like AB, and especially U2's later 90's output.

What has the band members opinions got to do with it?

Agreed, opinion of the earliest fans does matter. I include myself in that description. But you have presented no proof to back up your claim that the earliest fans "didn't like AB, and especially U2's later 90's output."

The first quote you have is related to your question what does an interpersonal rift have to do with this thread.

The second quote you posted was related to lazarus' post about "casual" fans.

1. sell out screams at the time of AB release
2. band tensions because of fear of fans' rejection
3. older fans disliking the 90's over 80's (on this board, too)

How much more do you need?

U2girl said:
3. older fans disliking the 90's over 80's (on this board, too)

How much more do you need?

Proof of this. I'm asking you to back up this statement of fact, that you are repeatedly making, with evidence.

I could make the statement "All 90's fans dislike War" but it would be an invalid statement as I just made it up and have no evidence to substantiate my claims.

Come on, she won't give you any proofs beli... it's the kind of person that if she thinks something than it must be true to all people, please... it's either her truth or lies...

...and be careful, you might be on her "ignore list" soon... ;)

bathiu said:
Come on, she won't give you any proofs beli... it's the kind of person that if she thinks something than it must be true to all people, please... it's either her truth or lies...

...and be careful, you might be on her "ignore list" soon... ;)

With the lack of proof provided I do agree with you.

What credibility?

We know most fans here are in their mid-late 20s (there was an age poll a while ago), and most of them got into U2 in the 90's. So naturally, 90's albums get favored - look how high Zooropa and Pop got.

:shrug: Whatever.

beli said:

Please explain. I don't understand your point.

Point being, we can do 1 or 1000 polls, the same album will win because of the 90's bias because most fans here are a lot younger than the usual, in-their-40s fans who were with U2 since the earlier years.

U2girl said:
What credibility?

Exactly my point.

U2girl said:

We know most fans here are in their mid-late 20s (there was an age poll a while ago), and most of them got into U2 in the 90's. So naturally, 90's albums get favored - look how high Zooropa and Pop got.

:shrug: Whatever.

I ran the age poll so I do remember it and there was no correlation between age and album preference. As examples, I'm one of the older ones and I prefer Pop. Axvers one of the younger ones and he doesn't half prefer The Unforgettable Fire.

U2girl said:

Point being, we can do 1 or 1000 polls, the same album will win because of the 90's bias because most fans here are a lot younger than the usual, in-their-40s fans who were with U2 since the earlier years.

So..... prove that in the entire U2 fan base, old and young, internet capable and not, that the 80s fans didn't like 90s U2.

Actually, there is a very strong age and album preference correlation on this forum. 90's songs and albums keep winning because of the younger fanbase majority in this forum.

For example, I don't think it was the fans from the 80's (examples U2kitten, U2granny...) that got Zooropa and Pop over War. I don't think it was them that put AB over JT. Examples like you and Axver aren't typical of this forum.

U2girl said:
Actually, there is a very strong age and album preference correlation on this forum. 90's songs and albums keep winning because of the younger fanbase majority in this forum.

For example, I don't think it was the fans from the 80's (examples U2kitten, U2granny...) that got Zooropa and Pop over War. I don't think it was them that put AB over JT. Examples like you and Axver aren't typical of this forum.

Prove it. Wheres the statistics?

Like I said, most fans here are in their mid, late 20s as shown by several age polls we did in the past.

These fans got into U2 in the 90's and in most cases, they prefer 90's albums - as we've seen in several albums poll, this one or those in the past.

Why do you think did Zooropa and Pop get so high? Why do you think AB has such a lead in this poll?

beli said:

I ran the age poll so I do remember it and there was no correlation between age and album preference. As examples, I'm one of the older ones and I prefer Pop. Axvers one of the younger ones and he doesn't half prefer The Unforgettable Fire.

I got into U2 thanks to Boy/October/War; my first U2 albums bought in 1995... how do I look in U2girls "theory"?
Young (22), a fan because of 80-83, became a fan in 1995... prefer first trylogy and 90's trylogy over "american" trylogy...
:huh:
U2girl -> a babbling looney of Interference:wink:

U2girl said:
Like I said, most fans here are in their mid, late 20s as shown by several age polls we did in the past.

These fans got into U2 in the 90's and in most cases, they prefer 90's albums - as we've seen in several albums poll, this one or those in the past.

Why do you think did Zooropa and Pop get so high? Why do you think AB has such a lead in this poll?

hahaha... I told you, a "prove" is her own words... wow, even Bush has more credibility....:ohmy:

U2girl said:

Because people prefer these albums. It has no bearing on age of the voter.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I honestly don't know who prefers which album. I have never seen any statistics correlating U2 fans ages with albums preferences. You have repeatedly made statements of facts in regards to this issue so I'm requesting to view the data you used to determine these facts.

Back
Top Bottom