***Survivor: Dead, Like a Blood Red Bleeding Thingie (Albums Rd 4)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• Boy

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • War

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rattle and Hum

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Zooropa

• Pop

• All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
The last round's non winner was...

***Under a Blood Red Sky*** :|

Non Winners List
3. Under a Blood Red Sky
2. October
1. Passengers

The voting from the previous round was as follows:
Under A Blood Red Sky - 43
All That You Can't Leave Behind - 18
Rattle and Hum - 11
Boy - 7
War - 7
Zooropa - 6
Pop - 5
The Unforgettable Fire - 3
Achtung Baby - 1
The Joshua Tree - 1
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - 0

Total of 102 votes

Round Four
is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the album you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

This is a THREE day timed electronic poll (because of the weekend)

Instructions:

Each round please vote off the album you like the least . The album with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round.

Next round all the albums are listed again, minus the album that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite album from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until theres only two albums left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last album standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it)

Last edited:
beli said:
Axver, you didn't vote :mad:

I'm just waiting to see what patterns become evident in case I need to defend any album. Oh, and here's the obligatory :mad:

What's with Boy taking an early lead? That's a U2 classic! :mad:

I guess it's early days yet and voting will soon pick up. :mad:

I'm really not sure what album I want to vote for. I consider RAH, Achtung Baby, and ATYCLB to be the weakest there, but I love all three. I particularly want to defend RAH and ATYCLB due to the unfair criticism they receive here. :mad:

You didn't end your deleted silly bit in a mad smiley! It's the new 'in thing' on the thread, didn't you know? Conform! :mad:

Axver said:
They're just being typical lazy Americans. :wink: :mad:

Let it be known I've cast my vote at 5:30AM on a Saturday morning.

BOY.

of course the only reason I'm up this early is because I'm driving to Houston today and I have to be there by 11am or else I'd probably still be asleep.

my vote goes to Boy......

it would have gone to Pop.....but i want to do what i can to protect ATYCLB..

Holy crap! :shocked:

I thought I could vote whatever I wanted again this time (as I figured that my favourite U2 albums wouldn't get the middle finger yet). But Boy! :no:
No way! Boy is one of the best debut albums ever. Is everyone really saying that War or Rattle & Hum are better that this brilliant piece of music?

:tsk:

*holding out to vote to see if he can protect Boy*

Boy is one of the best... And it gets 10 votes so far...

War is the album where we can find New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Two Hearts Beat as One, Like a Song, Drowning Man, Seconds and 40 and it's getting 3 votes so far.

UABRS had marvellous and definitive versions of 11 o'clock, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day and Party Girl and some ppl voted it off.

In the meanwhile, here it is ATYCLB with 5 votes, the very album that gave the world songs like Peace on Earth, Grace, WILATW, Wild Honey, Stuck in a Moment, Elevation...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and musical tastes can vary wildly even among those that love the same band. I am always amazed to see some of my favorite U2 songs show up on someone else's least favorite list.

But, having said that, I have one question for all the people voting for Boy - when is the last time you actually listened to it? If it's been more than ten years then you really need to take it out and rediscover it. If for some reason you have never listened to it but are voting for it because it's the oldest album left and you're just not as familiar with it then you need to give it a listen. As Popmartijn said, Boy is one of the best debut albums ever and it sounds just as good now. If a young band today released Boy exactly as is, the music critics would be wetting themselves over it. This is the album that put U2 on the map and really doesn't deserve to be dissed like this. This is the album that, back on an otherwise uneventful morning in 1981, Ottawa radio station CHEZ 106 decided to play a few tracks from causing a semi-awake me to actually sit upright and say out loud "Who the hell is that?". Okay, maybe I'm a little emotionally invested here so I'll say again that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But just please think twice about voting for Boy.

I voted for Rattle and Hum because I think it missed the mark for what it was intended to be which was a live/studio documentaion of the JT tour. The live cuts just did not capture the atmosphere and mood of that tour and the studio cuts seemed too uneven. I was disappointed in it when it came out and I have remained disappointed in it despite the fact that it contains some very good songs. It should have been better than it was.

What's the deal with Boy?!?!
This is quite a shock from the last rounds. I totally disagree with those 13 people.:mad:
Voting for ...Behind again...:|

The Unforgettable Fire

More half-assed than "October." 1 instrumental, 1 scat song--both complete throwaways. That leaves the album at a whopping 8 songs. :eyebrow: After that only "Pride" and "Bad" are unforgettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom