***Survivor: As Predicted by the tourist: Takes a Second to Say Goodbye (Albums Rd 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Pop

Votes: 46 29.5%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 21 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace_Hero said:

Erm I'm afraid not.. why do you ask?

I'm south of Perth, heading down Rockingham territory.

I'm joking with beli, poll's author. Implying she made an alter to rig the votes, which she didn't of course lol.

Can't 2 more people vote UF or Zooropa? I dont want to see POP go just yet.
:grumpy:

I thought I was imagining things for a sec. Hence my second post up the top.
It's ok everyone, I fixed it!
:angel:

No need for your Spanish personality to vote.
:hmm:

Gah NOOO Zooropa will survive. Vote off UF already, it's good but it does not equal the geinus of Zooropa/Pop eras.

Come on folks, get rid of Pop.

Zooropa is genius. UF is an even higher standard of genius. Pop's just a good album.

The Joshua Tree (yep, that's my vote)

I know this is the favourite/best album for about half of U2 fans, but in my opinion it's overrated. However, it's still GREAT (one of the best made in history of music for sure) album, but U2 has more much better and interesting longplays like Achtung or Pop...

Ok, its getting to the stage were sawing off my arm seems like an easier choice to make....:lol: (or maybe not!)

Thinks.......

Thinks some more.....

Okay, JT time (can't give up UF just quite yet)

Come on people, just 5-6 more votes for TUF. Vote it off. It is not as good as Zooropa and Pop. Those records are genius. Period. If you cannot see the utter beauty in the complex rhythms/melodies/textures/sound effects/layering/ambiance of Zooropa and Pop, I feel sorry for you.

namkcuR said:
Come on people, just 5-6 more votes for TUF. Vote it off. It is not as good as Zooropa and Pop. Those records are genius. Period. If you cannot see the utter beauty in the complex rhythms/melodies/textures/sound effects/layering/ambiance of Zooropa and Pop, I feel sorry for you.

I'm sorry but when you said "complex rhythms/melodies/textures/sound effects/layering/ambiance" that for me perfectly describes the TUF. Zooropa should've stayed as an EP and Pop (no matter how long they worked on it) would've contained inferior songs. Every band has a dip, Pop was that dip.

So HTDAAB is better than UF, Zooropa and Pop?

Maybe in Superman Bizarro's planet...

U2_Guy said:
So HTDAAB is better than UF, Zooropa and Pop?

Maybe in Superman Bizarro's planet...

I think Superman's Bizarro planet places great emphasis on consistency. Quite important when evaluating an album...

roy said:

I'm sorry but when you said "complex rhythms/melodies/textures/sound effects/layering/ambiance" that for me perfectly describes the TUF. Zooropa should've stayed as an EP and Pop (no matter how long they worked on it) would've contained inferior songs. Every band has a dip, Pop was that dip.

Pop was not a dip. Pop is absolute genius, a brilliant work of art that ranks possibly above everything else U2 has ever done save for Achtung Baby. That is the truth.

namkcuR said:

Pop was not a dip. Pop is absolute genius, a brilliant work of art that ranks possibly above everything else U2 has ever done save for Achtung Baby. That is the truth.

:eyebrow:

I love (not) how people see genius in Pop the way the little boy saw clothes on the Emperor :huh:

Better than everything than AB? Come on, that's as extreme as me saying it's worse than anything but Passengers (only I'm right;) )

namkcuR said:
It pains me to say this, but vote for Zooropa people! SAVE POP! SAVE POP! SAVE POP!

I think we're fighting a loosing battle. I really wanted Pop to finish in the top 3.:( :sad:

Heh, a ton of POP fanatics voted for UF to protect it, yet it looks like they should have voted for Zooropa. :wink:

Yeah, I'm the opposite. I voted for Pop to save the Unforgettable Fire when I wanted to vote for Zooropa. I shoulda saved my vote a bit longer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom