SURVIVOR: An untied lace makes one fall! (Zooropa - Round 4)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The First Time". It's bland and like someone mentioned earlier, it's practically a musical remake of "All I Want Is You". All the rest of the songs are more layered experiements in line with the rest of the album's artistic objective. I vote for the lamest of the rest.

Let's keep "The Wandere" alive.

Chord progression in "For the First Time" may be the same but it's a totally different song. Much more muted, still and quiet a poignant confession of a sinner lost in the world, who still knows where home is and that his Lover, Brother and Father is always with him no matter how far he runs.

This is one of my fave albums of all time and the peak of U2's creativity save maybe for Passengers. SO picking ones to go is really hard.

I'll say Zooropa as it is the track reamining I feel least attached to. Opening half's brilliant but I've never been overly fond of the second half.

I'm so glad Babyface is finally gone. The First Time is definitely the worst song that's left, and so my vote goes to it.

the wanderer

The unofficial Dirty Day fanclub advises the Interference-browsers to elect Dirty Day as best song of the Zooropa album and ask U2 to play this song live on the next tour ;-)

The Wanderer

Not because I dislike Johnny Cash at all. Just don't feel that it stands up.

wanderer

i can't believe all this dirty day bashing, it is such a quality tune. listen to the Adelaide boot and you will find it is the most rocking song they've done live. The album version is so chilled out:

'These days, days, days run away like horses over the hill'

Is hypnotic, I don't see why they couldn't bring it back to their live shows

dirtyday said:
wanderer

listen to the Adelaide boot and you will find it is the most rocking song they've done live.

you said it right there: listen to de LIVE version. Zooropa's version is not as good, but you and me and almost 80% of the people that has voted off DD wouldn't vote it off if this was a live version thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom