***Survivor: A New Competition (Eighties Singles Rd 1)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• U2:3 (Out Of Control)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Another Day

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • 11 O'clock Tick Tock

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • A Day Without Me

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I Will Follow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire (aka U2 R.O.K.)

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Gloria

• A Celebration

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • New Year's Day

• Two Hearts Beat As One

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Pride (In The Name Of Love)

• The Unforgettable Fire

• With Or Without You

• I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

• Where The Streets Have No Name

• In God's Country

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • One Tree Hill

• Desire

• Angel Of Harlem

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • When Love Comes To Town

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • All I Want Is You

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Yeah, solely released in Germany. I can't believe THBAO was used as the b-side. Something like Drowning Man would have made a LOT more sense.

I think they were promoting the Loreley gig and the tracks it provided for the UABRS album.

Ah...certainly not a no.1 by any means then!:wink:

when love comes to town........ just because Dancing Barefoot is a more legitimate B-side tha THBAO is not reason enough to vote for 40.....
i took into account the overall quality of the all the songs on the singles and the conclusion is that 40/THBAO is MUCH stronger that WLCTT/DB..............IMO

I voted Desire. Hallelujah here she comes is probably the worst song U2 have ever recorded.

D'oh! said:
when love comes to town........ just because Dancing Barefoot is a more legitimate B-side tha THBAO is not reason enough to vote for 40.....
i took into account the overall quality of the all the songs on the singles and the conclusion is that 40/THBAO is MUCH stronger that WLCTT/DB..............IMO

Don't forget God Part II (Hard Metal Dance Mix), pretty good remix of a great song. :up:

With THBAO being an average song at best (sorry Martha :wink: ), just like the studio version of 40, I think that the overall package is weaker than WLCTT.

:p

Angle of Harlem for the sheer fact that it has the most gawd awful song "Room at the Heartbreak Hotel".

Hey Axver, can I make a suggestion? Or rather a request? How possible would it be for you to list both A-sides and B-sides for the singles in future rounds? Like, for example, listing A Celebration as "A Celebration/Trash Trampoline And The Party Girl"

the tourist said:
Hey Axver, can I make a suggestion? Or rather a request? How possible would it be for you to list both A-sides and B-sides for the singles in future rounds? Like, for example, listing A Celebration as "A Celebration/Trash Trampoline And The Party Girl"

Yes, absolutely. That was even discussed earlier this thread. I fear that it may have meant WLCTT is now going to be eliminated instead of 40 because people were voting purely on the a-side.

Yeah, putting the A-sides and B-sides in the poll option would confuse less people.....there's really no reason that WLCTT should be leaving before a few singles that are simply album tracks....

BigMacPhisto said:
Yeah, putting the A-sides and B-sides in the poll option would confuse less people.....there's really no reason that WLCTT should be leaving before a few singles that are simply album tracks....

I'm really kicking myself for this one. I almost want to do the round again, but what's done is done. In any case, less than an hour to go.

Live and learn Axver. Its really hard to get everything right on the first go. You're doing an excellent job :up:

Did you see the round where I put the wrong How To... songs in the poll? I left the loser in and eliminated another song accidently. And then wandered off to have a shower and didn't see the debris I left behind. :|

This round is closed. I'm going to make the new round now.

beli said:
Live and learn Axver. Its really hard to get everything right on the first go. You're doing an excellent job :up:

Thank you! Who do you think I learnt from? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom