Surprising Places to Hear a U2 Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2jer said:
prisz25- I work at a Starbucks here in Charlotte, NC and that cd has 5 U2 songs on it!
-New Years Day
-Gloria
-Pride
-Two Hearts Beat as One
-WTSHNN
Lets just say that cd gets a fair spin... whenever I'm working:) Unfortunately its a Hear Music system we have, so the cds aren't functional on regular cd players.

I think Starbucks has a company CD, I'm in Belfast, Northern Ireland and I've heard all of those songs in a Starbucks, I nearly started dancing when Two Hearts came on

COBL the last 2 weeks at the Mall and at a IHOP.

Beatiful Day Today on the local news while going to ads and showing what stories were upcoming.

I swear i heard the extended intro to ONE during the Miss USA competition... it was toward the end during the Q&A portion. Anyone else hear/think this?

I was only watching b/c it was taking place in Baltimore, and I wanted to see how it was represented... that is all.

To add to the list i am watching The Ellen Degeneres show(I'm waiting for the VH1 thing to start) and they put on Mysterious Ways to introduce an actress!! I jumped up and I had to look twice at the screen!

ZeroDude... all Starbucks that have the Hear Music cd system have the same cds, the thing that stinks though is that they expire, they'll literally stop playing on that date... kind of odd. The cd with our boys on it expires in June, so only a couple more months...

Yeah they played streets in the ad and also a year ago they used to play Beautiful Day on ads on PBS. Kinda makes me wonder why they wont broadcast a U2 show on PBS if they use their music.

OnFire said:
Nothing surprising so far, maybe this one is though.

I was at my parents awhile ago (they are both in their 70s) and while I'm talking to my mother in the kitchen I hear Streets blaring from the tv room. My father is the only one in there (and practically deaf which would explain the volume) and watching PBS, yes PB-freakin-S (the only channel my parents watch) and there is a promotional ad on for a ballet show called something like "Masterpiece Performances" thats using Streets for the audio instead of say, Swan Lake or whatever you'd hear if you actually watched that show.

Our band is beyond classic rock.

I heard Peace On Earth while getting my braces pulled off at the orthodonist a few years back. I guess its suppose to be soothing. And also U2's version of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) with accompanying video at American Eagle.

When I heard Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own being played on the radio as I started up my car. What was suprising was the fact that the station barely plays any good music. I dont think I have heard it on the radio again.

sometimes came on the radio at a pizza place/sports bar-ish establishment last night. i embarassed my friend when i began to sing along. ehhh.

U2jer said:
ZeroDude... all Starbucks that have the Hear Music cd system have the same cds, the thing that stinks though is that they expire, they'll literally stop playing on that date... kind of odd. The cd with our boys on it expires in June, so only a couple more months...

I've got to haul ass to Starbucks then:wink:

BonoFan78 said:
I swear i heard the extended intro to ONE during the Miss USA competition... it was toward the end during the Q&A portion. Anyone else hear/think this?

I was only watching b/c it was taking place in Baltimore, and I wanted to see how it was represented... that is all.

I believe you, millions wouldn't

:wink:

I have no idea WHAT is up but lately every store I go to plays a U2 song its sooo crazy! Yesterday I went to this shoe store that only plays like the newest RAP stuff and then comes I still haven't found what I'm Looking For....Then today I go to a clothing store and it usually has like people singing redone songs (its really annoying) but as I'm about to leave I hear Beautiful Day I stayed longer to hear the whole song:wink:

Hmmm...this is tough to explain...first of all..I work at a movie theater and my theater has this CD that gets played over and over again before the movie starts...it's usually crap music...so while I was ushering last night...I heard All Because of You....I was surpised to hear this. They ususally don't play that many U2 songs while I usher...Most I heard is two (Vertigo and HMTMKMKM)...so this third song was a nice suprise. Before the song got played...the guy announced them as the biggest band in the world...which didn't suprise me. After the song was over...the guy talked about the tour and stuff like that.

Sorry if this is long...but I wanted to explain it.

I saw a clip on the news last week, where Tony Blair presented Labour's new election manifesto.... to the sound of Beautiful Day blasting through the P.A. :)

Oh, yeah. I got the goosebumbs when I saw Three Kings in the cinema and In God's Country started playing over the credits. That was always one of my favourites from The Joshua Tree.

Bad was used in the opening credits for the Angelina Jolie movie 'Taking Lives', definitely unexpected to hear, was sitting with a bunch of friends in the theater and I started freaking out... needless to say they thought "yeah he's a U2 nut":)

Zootlesque said:
City Of Blinding Lights @ ShopRite when I least expected it.

I heard A Man and a Woman at the Shop Rite in East Windsor :eek: and yes, I did run to stand under the nearest speaker I could find ... singing all the way :reject:

U2jer said:
Bad was used in the opening credits for the Angelina Jolie movie 'Taking Lives', definitely unexpected to hear, was sitting with a bunch of friends in the theater and I started freaking out... needless to say they thought "yeah he's a U2 nut":)

oh, yeah, I screamed on whole cinema hall "OMG, IT"S U2!!!!":lol:

I always ask piano bars to play a U2 song, and amazingly many do, and I also like U2 songs at kararoke bars as well. There's a lot in Vegas right now, so that would be fun, U2 should go and watch us all sing their songs when they're in Vegas.

I hear U2 in the market, Home Depot, and drug stores a lot. And yea it's weird, you wonder if the person programming the music is a U2 fan. I heard some great songs, not U2, but other groups that probably 90% of the population wouldn't know who they were, in a health food store.

Last edited:
Well i work has a CSR in a mall...and right beside me is a shoe store, now usually all they play is dance rap and techno music but yesterday they played Beautiful Day...and really loud too...but they cut the song off unfortuneatley...but it was good while it lasted :dance:

Well this isn't really that i HEARD U2 in any other place but I did read this in the Apprentice website.... This was AMAZINGLY surprising!!

"Trying to do a phone interview with Donald Trump is like trying to call a ticket agent the day U2 tickets go on sale.Busy. Busy. Busy. Redial. Redial. Redial. Then, finally, a ring. Your heart leaps expectantly while you wait for someone to pick up"

Obviously whoever was writing this is a U2 Fan!!!

Back
Top Bottom