Sure... Sometimes is good but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The live version from Brooklyn blew me away, but I really don't like the album version, it's too restrained. Before the 'Listen to me now...' part I felt the guitars should have been more prominent, and less produced. Even after the bridge it didn't feel like the song breaks out at all, it just peaks, and then levels off again with a different riff. Plus, I think the bass was too prominent at the beginning and it drowns out the atmosphere of the song.

Still an ok song, but it could have really been a masterpiece IMO.

love the song. i got my friend hooked on U2 after he heard it playing in my car, and he used to not like them....

I played this song to a girl who never much cared for U2 before and, without her knowing who it was written for or about, it grabbed her by the heart, gave her goosebumps and now she and her best friend love HTDAAB. I think this is an outstanding song with a quite daring classic sound to it and yes a slow tempo. The music compliments the vocal part to produce a very emotionally touching 5 minutes that can melt some of the harder hearts.

Good in the studio, but f'n fantastic live. I hope this one sticks around for the next tour as well.

At 6 am this morning the video was playing on both MTV and Vh1 at the same time, for a station that doesn't play many videos anymore they have played the hell outta Sometimes.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
At 6 am this morning the video was playing on both MTV and Vh1 at the same time, for a station that doesn't play many videos anymore they have played the hell outta Sometimes.
I need to watch more TV. I still haven't seen the video. :|

Live....When I saw the expression on Bono's face on that screen at the Phoenix 2 show that I went to, I could not keep my eyes dry. That's why it's such a wonderful song. It's one of the most personal songs Bono has ever written. "Don't leave me here alone." :sad:

Gary said:
I like Sometimes but I can also understand why some may find it a bit boring. It certainly hasn't connected with the general public. Sometims is doing rather poorly on the charts.

Took them to #1 in the UK - first time 2 singles from the same U2 album have done that.

I love it - everything about it. It has that something for me which makes it amazing, but can't be defined easily, if at all.

And live, he may not always hit those notes perfectly, but the emotion in his performance more than makes up for it.

The Disciple said:
It's up there with "One", for me...

Hell yeah! Every time the break swells into "siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnngggggg" I get a shiver down my spine and then again when he sings "Hey now!"

I love it :)

Back
Top Bottom