Superhero Countdown...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
So one of the big rumors that gets repeated over and over and over again is that one of the new U2 songs of the new album will be featured in a "major superhero movie" this summer...

Well the two major superhero movies that have both been mentioned as possiable vehicles to attach the new U2 song too both come out towards the end of June...

Spiderman 2... June 30th
Sky Captain and The World of Tommorow... June 25th

So if these long heard about rumors do in fact come true... then we would HAVE to hear something about the soundtrack listings for these two movies by the end of May.

So in the next month we either have something to look forward to, or simply more disapointment.

yeah, they'll do the soundtracks for "spiderman 10" and "sky captain and the world of tomorrow 8".......so, in 2067!!! :) :) apart the jokes, you're doing a likely hypothesis, just wait and hope! ;)

:confused:

What always confused me about this rumor is: are they (allegedly) writing a separate movie song (like HMTMKMKM or Ground beneath her feet or Hands that built America) or are they again shoving away an album song like they did with Elevation?

i guess i would prefer that the tune be something that IS NOT on their album (Like HMTMKMKM or TGBHF). Only for the selfish reason of hearing an extra U2 song. 13 new songs instead of 11-12 on the usual album

This close to a new album, it'd probably come off the album. But with things sounding like they're going to be later, I'd say there will be no U2 song for either movies.

Interesting development in-line with rumors about a new U2 song soundtrack appearance and a recent Bono comment about a "single in September" has surfaced today with the announcement that the Jude Law movie "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" has been delayed by Paramount Pictures and will now be released on September 17th, instead of the original release date of June 25th. The June date had previously given rise to many theories by U2 fans that a new single would surface in the summer of 2004, and would possibly be a soundtrack single.

Back
Top Bottom