Summer Tours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtung2k

Babyface
Here's an idea..

Like the current line-up of tours that come every summer with different line-ups, i.e.. Vans Warp Tour, Oz Fest, Lalapalooza, Family Values.. and so on. Wouldnt it be something if one of U2's past tour be brought back, maybe to be done by different acts. Maybe bring back ZOO TV or POPMART.. different bands but the same great staging.. i wonder how different acts would fair with the lemon, large screen or dancing cars.

What do you think?

I don't think it would work

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Hmmm... well. while those other tours do come around every summer, it is with different acts and with different staging each year. I also agree that NO ONE could do to the Zoo stage what U2 did.

- andy

Or how about U2 bringing back PopMart or Zoo TV... i wonder how the old stages would work with the new songs... can you imagine elevation, kite, or beautiful day on the ZOO TV stage?

Each tour is unique and special in its own way. Even if U2 themselves were to recreate ZooTV/Popmart exactly as it had been, it would still not be ZooTV/Popmart. A perfect copy is never as good as the real thing.

Fuck the past, Kiss the future.

Back
Top Bottom