Such a shame for a classic U2 song...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
One is becoming a big mess. It's becoming one of those "classic" rock tracks that's EVERYWHERE and is slowly being butchered.

First Bono started singing it at just about every charity event he went to. I was already getting tired of this song. Also, it became a "worldwide brotherly love" song more than a very personal love song. Not good IMO.

They he started singing it with Mary J. Blige. Good lord noooo!!! Now Every time I hear the song I think of this tall woman dominating the stage with her loud voice and spastic behavior and Bono cowering behind his guitar.

And then the final straw. It was performed on American Idol with Elliot Yamin and MJB on vocals! UFGH!!! Elliot is a good singer but this isn't the type of song he should sing! Add to that MJB's horrible stage presence and you have a recipe for disaster.

Also I hear it on commercials now.

What a shame.

To me it was always either the "brotherly love" song or the father/son song (the AIDS interpretation).

The charity use/MJ Blige/commercials etc won't chage that.

U2's at the point in their career where they need to carpet-bomb TV and radio to remind the general public that they still exist.

Image1567d.gif

As a fan it might hurt, but in the long run - meh who cares.

Bring on the Audi commercials.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom