Sublime and U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I was talking to this Sublime fan at one point and he was talking about how he liked Sublime's cover of SBS better than the original version. I tried to look for it on audiogalaxy, but the file they have is EDGE singing it during Popmart. So did Sublime ever really cover the song?

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

If they did, there is no recorded version. What was ciculating on the Net was the Edge's version which was labelled as Sublime covering U2.

Someone was having some fun and caused a great deal of confusion!

Hope this helps.

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

This is SO hilarious because the person I talked to said he had a recording. I bet it was Edge! Too bad I can't laugh in his face...hahaha...Thanks!

------------------

Edge's Sarajevo performance always gets mislabeled (I've heard it passed off as Radiohead as well), so probably not.

I have been trying to download U2 songs off of WinMX and nothing comes up. Please refer me to a better program, or, let me know if any of you have the same problem.

Thanks,
MBH

A new version of WinMX was just released, so maybe they stopped supporting the older versions so people would start using the new one (since the two are incompatible and the switch would have to be all or nothing to work considering the nature of it).

The version of Edge singing Sunday Bloody Sunday is also all over the net marked as Radiohead Sunday Bloody Sunday (cover). Kinda funny. I guess you could possibly mistake Edge for Thom, but I cant see ANYONE thinking it was Sublime!

at the height of napsters popularity the mp3s were mislabled by people and it just spread like wildfire i assume. imagine millions of napster users downloading mislabled songs.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I remember hearing about people mislabeling songs with the whole Napster thing....It always cracked me up to hear about songs being labeled as by Britney Spears or Backstreet Boys when it's actually Eminem...ha!

------------------

I've seen the live version of Edge playing SBS labelled as all of the following:

Radiohead
Smashing Pumpkins
Radiohead w/Smashing Pumpkins
Sublime
Coldplay
The Cure

Obviously people don't know what they have. Many friends have come up to me and told me they had one of these files and how great it was. I always tell them that it's not whoever they think it is and that it's actually U2's guitarist singing. They never believe me, but eventually I'll play them the Popmart Mexico City version to show them that it's not who they think it is. I wonder how this even started and got spread around.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

[This message has been edited by Achtung Zooropa (edited 05-16-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom