Stuck video on CD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I saw this in a record store yesterday and didn't pick it up. *smacks self on head* It has the single version, the acoustic version, and then a video. It's an import single, so is the video the dreadful US video, or is it the European one we hear such good things about?

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Originally posted by martha:
I saw this in a record store yesterday and didn't pick it up. *smacks self on head* It has the single version, the acoustic version, and then a video. It's an import single, so is the video the dreadful US video, or is it the European one we hear such good things about?

I actually think the US version (video) is better. Quite often U2 puts a lot of effort into the first video from an album (POP, ATYCLB) but themn concentrates on other things - in fact, I think the UK (Europe ?) version of Walk On absolutely sucks. The Brazilian version is way better. If one was to criticise U2, it would be on two counts:

i) the recording/enginerring of the albums, with the vocals way to back (listen to the recent Paul kelly alvbum for a really good example of it doner properly, or if you don't know PK< the the Globe Sessions by Sheryl Crow - BRILLIANT);

ii) and the second is videos. They really do need a new direction here. Stay (Faraway.... was awful),. whereas Lemon (limited to Australasia & Far East) was brilliant. Also, EBTTRT was a ghood effort, as was M Ways -but the best of thgis era was ONE, when they dressed as women- and didn't have the balls to release it commercially, big mistake. best U2 videos are:

All I want Is You

U Fire

Still haven't Found...

Pride

Lemon

Mike

*lying on floor*

Yes, mike63, I love you too, but I need to know the answer to my question, and YOU HAVE NOT BEEN HELPFUL!!!!!!!

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

I have that Walk On single and the Stuck video on it is the "football" one. I hope this helps. Out of all the Walk On versions I have heard, the one on this cd is my favorite (single version is the name they give it). It has the "Hallelujahs" at the end...

[This message has been edited by Skywalker (edited 03-03-2002).]

Oh my God! Skywalker, lean over here so I can kiss you fat on the lips!! *mmwa*

I was just about to leave work for the record store, and you've saved me a trip AND eight bucks! I have the single version of Walk On on U2 7 fron Target.

Thank you!

------------------

Originally posted by Skywalker:
I have that Walk On single and the Stuck video on it is the "football" one. I hope this helps. Out of all the Walk On versions I have heard, the one on this cd is my favorite (single version is the name they give it). It has the "Hallelujahs" at the end...

I have this CD single too - and it is the football video version of "Stuck..." (which I like). Plus, the CD version of "Walk On" sounds great!

Originally posted by martha:
Oh my God! Skywalker, lean over here so I can kiss you fat on the lips!! *mmwa*

I was just about to leave work for the record store, and you've saved me a trip AND eight bucks! I have the single version of Walk On on U2 7 fron Target.

Thank you!

If you are a collector, I would still recommend getting "7." Plus, "7" has all those b-sides and remixes not previously available in the U.S.

As for the "Walk On" single - I recommend getting that as well. Not only does it have the "Stuck..." video, but the acoustic version of "Stuck..." and the single "Hallelujah" version of "Walk On." Good stuff!
biggrin.gif

doctorwho, here's a kiss for you! I have all that stuff in various places. The only thing on the Target disc that I didn't have was Walk On. I did buy the Target disc. I'm not real fond of the football vid, but I've got it on tape, anyway.

Thanks again!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom