Stuart Adamson found dead!... :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ForBonoU2,
Where did you see Big Country live and what year did you see them? Anyone on Interference living in Scotland at the moment?

I'm touched by all the love and respect for this group that I had only recently heard about (referred to in past tense.)

Would anyone out there be a big enough fan to make me a good Big Country compilation CD or tape? I'd be willing to pay postage. I'm in the U.S.

I'm really shocked and sad about Stuart! I loved all these bands that 80's just mentioned eps. big Country! this is so sad and even sadder seeing as they toured with U2 in the early days. We have losted a gr-8 talent and human being here. RIP Stuart-so glad i got the chance to meet them at their autograph party and see them live! Amazing band! And gr-8 music. PS: 80's you have gr-8 taste! Only song I can think of...is Alarm's "Blaze of Glory" but it doesn't seem appropriate right now.

Originally posted by forbonou2:
80's you have gr-8 taste!
Thanks, so do you!
What's your fave Big Country CD? Fave Alarm CD? Fave Call CD? Simple Minds?

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Originally posted by Rono:
Gone - Comsat Angels
Who are they?

Go to a good record shop, keywords ::
New Wave, 80`s, they where not very celtic .

Mat be you can compare it with New Model Army or Gang of Four ( just a lead )

Stay alive.

Originally posted by MixingBliss:
I'm touched by all the love and respect for this group that I had only recently heard about (referred to in past tense.)

Would anyone out there be a big enough fan to make me a good Big Country compilation CD or tape? I'd be willing to pay postage. I'm in the U.S.

I want to do that for you, i have a burner now. I can make a selection of all the songs they have on cd, vinyl, tape, cassette.

Just mail me, ronobono@hetnet.nl

Thanks 80's. Me, see my fave Big Country was always their first-IABC, Alarm"Declaration"?, Call-I never had theirs but liked that one song. Simple Minds-SITR! My fave song has always been from these, IABC, BOG, S and ANK! I saw Big Country back in Hollywood, CA in 1984? Brilliant in concert!! My fave memory of Stuart was at that concert-he was jumping skyhigh up on that stage while playing guitar on Fields of Fire! And the backdrop lit up in flames-like a field of fire! Amazing!

I was always a big Big Country fan, sometimes bigger than U2! I have all of their records (like I have of U2) and I saw Big Country four times live (1988, 1993, 1996, 2000) and think they are the best live band ever, even better than U2!

Stuart I will miss you!

"Eiledon; I will be there.."

I not Moose but can i reply ?

I saw 7 times in 2000, Helmond, Hardenberg and Baarlo. the netherlands. Oldenburg and Colonge Germany and in London + Glasgow in the UK.

WOW,
You are sooo lucky to have seen them 7 times in one year! How many people like Big Country in the Netherlands? Did they play some great setlist?

What would you do if U2 would make a last tour, TRAVEL.

Yes i feel lucky that i saw BC a lot in 2 months time. I could see the difference between country`s. It was hard too see Big Country as a small group. In Holland they did not sell out 300 people concerts, in Germany it was better but it was strange to see Stuart half drunk on stage in Colonge but hee, it was his birthday. The UK was f*****g great. The best audience there is.

Yes and Glasgow has become something special.

I was in the midle, in the front row and i got the plectrum from Stuart in person and his setlist. There are plans for releasing that Glasgow show on DVD ( It was the final show , official )

And about the fans here in Holland, not so many here.But they are real fanatic and very helpfull, they ordered the UK tickets for me and even picked me up from Glasgow airport.

I did meet a fine bunch of people at all the concerts and many off them where in Glasgow.
I think i will stop now,i am getting emotional here.

I thought about flying from the USA for the Final Fling Shows but simply was not able to at the time and also thought that Big Country would still get back together in a couple of years. I have the "Come Up Screaming" Double CD from that Tour and its Great! I also have New Years Eve 1983 and another show from around New Years Eve 1993! Both are just incredible! Big Country is simply an amazing band and its surprising that they did not have a worldwide following that was larger. I never got to see them and I think the last time they toured the USA was in 1993. Big Country and Stuart are simply Amazing!!!!!! If that last show comes out on DVD or Tape, I will have to get a VCR or DVD player that plays European stuff so I can have it!

Back
Top Bottom