Strictly speaking time here... WHEN exactly did you get into U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WHEN exactly did you get into U2?

• 1976 - 1979

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 1980 - 1983

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • 1984 - 1986

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 1987 - 1990

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • 1991 - 1993

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • 1994 - 1996

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 1997 - 1999

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • 2000 - 2003

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • 2004 - 2006

Votes: 20 12.6%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Sorry about the multiple polls! The earlier one wasn't very clear with a case like say, somebody got into U2 in 2002 by listening to The Joshua Tree. They would've still picked '1987 The Joshua Tree' when in reality they got into U2 only in 2002!!!

This new poll avoids that glitch.

It's crystal clear. WHEN did you get into U2? Choose the period.

Doesn't matter what album or tour (dvd) it was!

Example: If you got into them in 2002 by listening to Achtung Baby, you pick 2000 - 2003

Thanks in advance for voting.

I had been a casual fan since as long as I could remember, every now and then I would hear one of their songs and enjoy it, but I never really developed a fondness for the band itself. When Beautiful Day came out it just captivated me, and it hasn't let me go. My parents thought it would just be a phase....hmm no.

My parents owned the best of 80-90, which I listened to and enjoyed. I asked for the 90-00 when it came out in X-mas 2002. I didn't like it as much, but still enjoyed it. In 2003, I bought The Joshua Tree, leading to my current state as a diehard U2 fan. I own every album but October, and two films: Rattle and Hum, and Vertigo Chicago.

I appreciate the votes so far. Thanks to Chizip as well even though he decided not to vote. Thanks buddy for just..... being here.

:hmm:

Come to think of it, the other poll is fine as it is! That one asks about the specific album/tour and this one's about the time period. :shrug:

:dance:

Thankx Zoots, the poll is now clearer and correct, the last one was confusing because of what you explained.

I'm not really sure of when I got in U2. I remember that by the time my sister was a fan I enjoyed it too and I liked them much too, but I only became a possessive fan a few years later...

Aygo said:
I'm not really sure of when I got in U2. I remember that by the time my sister was a fan I enjoyed it too and I liked them much too, but I only became a possessive fan a few years later...

So you still can't vote??? :lol:

10/30/92. My very first rock concert ever - ZooTV Outside Broadcast, Dodger Stadium. I was a casual fan until that moment. They looked like little ants running around on the stage, I was so far away, but they managed to grab my soul and they haven't let go.

Of course now I'm spoiled to being on the floor.

1997 for me. I had POP but it didn't necessarily blow me away(i liked it alot though) but after I went to Popmart in Edmonton everything changed. I started buying the old albums and when I found Achtung Baby I was like WHOA!!!

i got into them in the summer of 99 i remember, I was 14 and i found the Best of 1980-90 album at home. I had heard u2 was a great band with great music, thought id listen for myself, and i have been a huge fan ever since.

Zootlesque said:

So you still can't vote??? :lol:

Yeah, I had already voted this poll. I'm just not sure of the exact time because of what I said, but I have a notion about when it happened. It was around 1997 the first times I started to like U2 because of the videos that I used to watch in TV and because U2 always gets tones and tones of airplay in Rock/mainstream radios (even though at the time "Pop" was not very well received here, and still isn't:| ).

1976... in Larry's kitchen :wink:

1991 - I was 16 and into Jesus Jones, Charlatans, The Smiths/Morrissey, depeche mode, RHCP, GnR to name a few and was a casual U2 fan (liked U2 but didn't own any albums)

I saw the video for "The Fly" on much music and was floored at what the U2 I'd known had become... I went out and bought the album that night... my first impression with Zoo Station was WTF???? but when I heard one and then UTEOTW I was floored. I must have played UTEOTW about 5 times before moving to WGRYWH...

The interesting thing to me looking back is that initially I was really fascinated with the album (and the band) but it resonated with me more as a "cool / funky / rocking album " with a few "mellow" tracks that kept it balanced.... over the balance of my teenage years and into my 20's as I'd "lived a little" I really started to appreciate the lyrics more and some of the darker songs as well. All the while anticipating new releases and discovering their back catalogue.

2000 - 2003 , im the 3rd generation of u2 fans sort of speak.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom