"Streets" without red screen or segue...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Is Vertigo the first tour where they didn't segue Streets from the ending of another song or use a red backdrop? It should never be played without either! :grumpy:

i dont know. but i do know that the vertigo streets intro sucked. lamest ever.

I love how so many people talk about how U2 should change and they bitch about repeating anything they've done before...

and then turn around and say how they should keep things the same.:shrug:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I love how so many people talk about how U2 should change and they bitch about repeating anything they've done before...

and then turn around and say how they should keep things the same.:shrug:

Certain awesome things should never be changed. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
Is Vertigo the first tour where they didn't segue Streets from the ending of another song or use a red backdrop? It should never be played without either! :grumpy:

No (to your first question anyway).
On The Joshua Tree Tour it was the opening song, so it didn't segue from the ending of another song. On the Lovetown Tour it didn't segue from another song either (sometimes it was the opening song, sometimes it was played in the middle).
But it was the first time without the red backdrop.

I didn't mind the absense of the red backdrop that much. I did mind that they didn't turn on all the lights at that moment. It withheld a lot of energy from the crowd. :|

Thanks Marty! Actually I didn't mind the Flags backdrop at all. But a red screen that lights up the whole venue is something else! :combust:

Re: Re: Re: "Streets" without red screen or segue...

elevated_u2_fan said:

I KNOW!! I was like, here it comes! Here it comes!:hyper:

And then... Nothing... :scratch:

What a let down. :tsk:

Strange.

The shows i was at...the organ intro started and everyone was like Here It Comes, Here It Comes!

And then the song started and nobody cared about the backdrop.

I was okay with the flags instead of the red, but I was disappointed not to have the BAM! all lights up moment, and it does need a better transition than Pride. It didn't flow well.

exactly, it was the flood of lights at the beginning that was missed more than the red backdrop

Lancemc said:
Zoo TV and Elevation Streets are the way the song should be played. None other. :yes:

Um.. aren't we forgetting one of the greatest versions ever? Please..Streets? :wink:

please->streets is u2's best transition so far, but i do think it could get surpassed by what i stated earlier in this thread.

Just watched Streets on the Chicago dvd after quite some time! Actually it's not terrible, I just wish the lights had been brighter like somebody here said. Liked the intro "American dream, Asian dream, European dream... African dream... *organ*" although it wasn't exceptional or anything.

I thought the BIG lights on the Vertigo tour still came on at the "oooh ooooh oooh" part of the song ?

I only just realised there wasn't the BAM-lights at the start of Streets for Vertigo, and I was at two of the shows... :lol: I guess I didn't miss it at the time, but it would have made it extra-awesome. :shrug:

pretty much liked the way they switched the red screen and flood lights to be honest, pretty much in a "we fooled you" type of way.

although first manchester concert, the song was pretty much played in daylight so didnt really matter.

Back
Top Bottom