Streets (Single edit) ...Edge's vocals question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr. zooeuss

War Child
Guess I've never owned the "single edit" before... it's on the bonus JT disc, and I'm realizing this version of Streets has Edge's vocals cranked loud (which I love, btw), while they aren't even audible to me on the original or remastered JT version. I know his backing vocals have been key to the live version for awhile now, but I wasn't even sure he'd sung vocals on this track on the album, anyone think that could be a 2007 addition?

Thanks jmelrose, for answering in the other remastered JT thread-

"No... the original CD single had this version on it back in 88. Edge's vocals were notably louder in that as well, and for that reason it was the version i put on all my high school mix tapes!"

edges backing vocals were only on the single 1987 version of streets. its always been a question of wherever u prefered the longer intro and no edge of the album version or the shortened intro and backing vocals of the single edit.

craigp said:
edges backing vocals were only on the single 1987 version of streets. its always been a question of wherever u prefered the longer intro and no edge of the album version or the shortened intro and backing vocals of the single edit.

lol, thanks. i've been a U2 fan for years, and often consider this my favorite U2 song, but I never knew that. Hilarious.

one more thought... now that I know it is actually two separate versions, I think they did crank Edge's vocal on the single edit remastered, as it's more noticeable than I ever remember it having been in hearing it on the radio (I'm still most stations still play the original single edit... until now, that is)

Roland of Gilead said:
Is this the same one as the 80s Best Of?

No, the Best of 1980-1990 did NOT have the Edge's vocal (at least that I can hear) in the single edit. This is the original single edit, and the Edge's vocals are very clear in the Deluxe Edition version...:drool:

I thought the best of DID have Edge vocals, but a shorter intro... that's why I still preferred the JT version cause it had the long spine chilling intro...

:crack: great, I finally heard on the news today that 'U2 is going to release a remake of the Joshua Tree'

No shit idiots :| god why are they so slow in my country?? I want that album but I can't find it online so it's prolly not even out yet here!

I need to go into Audacity and combine the longer intro with the main part of the JT version...

I can't hear the backing vocals at all on the single version that was in The Complete U2... let me see if I can hear them on the version in U218. I don't have a copy of the original single.

EDIT: U218 has the edited single version as well, so I don't have any copies with Edge's backing vocals.

Last edited:
The Disciple said:

Can U please post that when U do?
:drool:

I would, but, like I said, to the best of my knowledge I don't have the original single version anywhere.

The only place the version with Edge's vocals was available was on the original "Streets" CD single.... Until now, of course.

Disciple & Digitize, if you mean the long intro of the album version mixed with the single version w/Edge's backing vocals....I've done that before. I'll share:

h t t p : / / w w w . m e g a u p l o a d . c o m / ? d = X X 4 M F 9 5 I

Last edited:
I LOVE U, namkcuR! U made my day..... I'm gonna go snag it right now, and let U know what I think.....

^
Nonetheless, Amazing.... did U ever hear the "Beautiful Streets" mix somebody here did where they segued Beautiful Ghost in2 Streets? It would b awesome 2 do that with this awesome version U've made!

Back
Top Bottom