Streets live...one out of two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Streets live...one out of two

• Streets, the live version from Please single

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Streets, the live version from Walk On single

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

follower

Refugee
Simple question. I?m talking about b-sides here, Streets from Please single and Streets from Walk On single, the ones I have at the moment...as my australian E-Storm singles are yet to arrive.

I pick Streets from Please single. My reasons? I like heavier stuff and I love the end with those versions from The Playboy Mansion...although I miss Bono?s wail from the Walk On one.

You? And Why?

;)

Last edited:
another POP/ATYCS thread ,

ok i prefer Where The Streets Have No Name live from Holland ( Please single ) , why cause it's a long , excellent , wonderfully mixed , re-invented version of the song .

To all who might be interested:

This is not intended to be a POP x ATYCLB thread. In fact this IS NOT a POP x ATYCLB thread. I see no purpose in doing so. I picked those two because they are the officialy released live versions I have and I would like to know your opinions. I hope I have made myself clear. Thanks and please keep the votes coming.

Last edited:
Streets from the Walk On and ES singles are the same one from Boston.
I love it, it's so intense and the Psalm at the beginning is very moving.:heart: :heart: :heart:
So I pick the WO/ES single version.:)

ps:
Now very time I listen to any Streets I expect to hear Bono reciting the Psalm.:D

----------------------
I wanna dance, dance, in the dirty rain...
Where The Shhhhtreets Have No Name

Well, I chose Streets from the ES single. The Walk On single does not allow for the beautiful Bad/40 to merge in Streets as it should. Taken as a whole, Bad/40/Streets is a truely religious experience. It is the essence of church in my house, my car, or where ever I happen to be when this plays.

I do like the popheart version too.

"Where the Shtreets Have No Name" is okay, but the PopMart version had a lot more energy.

Roland of Gilead said:
Taken as a whole, Bad/40/Streets is a truely religious experience.
I agree

+ the recording just sounds a bit better
not that strange since the POPHeart version was recorded in a stadium

I don't agree. i think the elevation version was just awesome. Edge's guitars are much more powerful...

"Where the Streets have no Name" from the "Please" single is by far the most amazing version of the song I have ever heard. Not only does Bono sound healthy, but you also get the hypersonic intro from the ending of "Please".

-[z]-

Back
Top Bottom