Streets Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoulNation

Babyface
Well streets is my favorite live u2 song and is probably the best live song on earth. It blows my mind every time i listen to it.

So i wanted to ask you what concert version blows you away the most. and do you think it`s u2s best live song?

I don't think it's their best song but it's pretty damn good.

I love the R&H version with the lights coming on. Everytime I hear a live version I always raise my arms at the lights come on part.

Musically, the please/Streets combo at PopMart was awesome for me.

I think it's their best live song as well...

The best version is without a doubt 'live from Tempe'.

------------------
In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

I believe (and have for awhile now) that it truly is their best song live....something about that song live...

IMO Streets and Bad are probably U2's best songs live. And even more so IMO, i don't think i could choose a single version. I enjoy them both any time.

I like the 28/8/93 version with the thundering intro by Larry, i like the New Years Eve version best as far as energy of the song as a whole goes, and i like the Boston show (because i get the visual too) with all the incredible lightning. (especially the start after the spoken intro when the lights kick in with that long "oooohhhh" by Bono, and the "ooooh oooooh oooooh" part towards the end)

A lot of their songs are excellent live, but I don't think anything can compare to the thrill and the rush of energy that goes through the crowd as the opening notes kick in and a roar goes up and everyone starts jumping. I think we scared the crap out of the security guards in Lexington, atleast the ones in front of me (self-proclaimed U2 haters and Limp Bizkit and country fans.) I don't think they had ever seen anything like the fan reaction that occured!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 04-20-2002).]

I don't think it's their best live performance (a few others come to mind such as Love is Blindness in Australia) BUT it is one of the best.

My fave live version of Streets is hands down the one from Rattle and Hum. I have an mp3 that was ripped from the DVD and made into a CD and the sound is awesome and I love the long intro and Edge toying with the guitar at the beginning and his long intro solo if you'd call it that. It is clearly the sound of U2!!!

*goosebumps*

No other song gets the crowd react as Streets does (maybe Pride) and that with the lightning makes the experience and feeling during this song something special.

The song itself have never really spoken to me in the way many others has so it's not the greatest in that way but i think Gypsy described it pretty well, our reactions can scare the hell out of people. LOL
smile.gif

I think Streets just may be one of their best live songs because of how they place it in the show - at least the last 2 tours.

Think of it - Please is a heavy, pleading, intense and dark song on an almost epic scale (especially the Popmart treatment), and then as it dies out with those final pleading calls, you hear this glorious organ sound come through, and Streets just comes as a joyous release. Bad has that nearly hypnotic intensity that builds throughout, is just as epic as Please - and then through the transition (be it 40, Who's Gonna Ride, etc...), you hear that organ sound, and again Streets comes in as this huge release.
In terms of placement in the show and achieving the desired effect, I'd say Streets is U2's best live song. Still not my personal favorite, but yeah.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Diemen:
I think Streets just may be one of their best live songs because of how they place it in the show - at least the last 2 tours.

Think of it - Please is a heavy, pleading, intense and dark song on an almost epic scale (especially the Popmart treatment), and then as it dies out with those final pleading calls, you hear this glorious organ sound come through, and Streets just comes as a joyous release. Bad has that nearly hypnotic intensity that builds throughout, is just as epic as Please - and then through the transition (be it 40, Who's Gonna Ride, etc...), you hear that organ sound, and again Streets comes in as this huge release.
In terms of placement in the show and achieving the desired effect, I'd say Streets is U2's best live song. Still not my personal favorite, but yeah.
smile.gif

I agree totaly. The Placement of streets is awesome. Don;t forget on Zoo-tv they had RTSS into Streets. That was cool as well. Streets is definitely U2's best live song. I made a disc of all my favorite live versions and listen to it quite often. 15 tracks i think (at least at the moment) my fav version is the one from the Boston DVD. The Superbowl performance is up there too. Wouldn't surprise me if they use MLK on the next tour to lead into streets.

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

Streets is probably one of my favorite songs live too except during the Popmart tour. It's such a guitar song. I'm not too fond of what they did to it during that tour.

Originally posted by Zooropa:
I agree totaly. The Placement of streets is awesome. Don;t forget on Zoo-tv they had RTSS into Streets. That was cool as well. Streets is definitely U2's best live song. I made a disc of all my favorite live versions and listen to it quite often. 15 tracks i think (at least at the moment) my fav version is the one from the Boston DVD. The Superbowl performance is up there too. Wouldn't surprise me if they use MLK on the next tour to lead into streets.

http://www.u2exit.com/staging/U2-XXXVI-MLK-WTSHNN-150k.ram

Back
Top Bottom