Streets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger_luver64

Acrobat
I would really like to know people's opinion on Streets. Its an awsome song, my personal fave. Anybody with me? I just love the beginning where all the instuments are goin and then all of a sudden Bono just comes in strong! It's awsome!

Yes the start is awesome :) My favorite version is from the popheart Ep

I like Streets ... not my favourite though. I'm really into the pre-JT stuff right now.

My favorite version is from the popheart Ep

I never saw the PopMart tour, so all I know about it is from the recordings...but during the instrumental break of "Streets" from that tour, there's some weird synthesizer line playing in the background, right? That always seemed out of place to me. I'll take the Elevation tour version instead.

nbcrusader said:
It is the epiphany of every U2 concert I've heard.

Most definitely!

It is my favourite U2 song. I remember my first time seeing it live at Popmart in the 9th row....mind blowing.

It is a spiritual experinece.

This is what made me into the fan I am today!
JT Tour 11/15/1987 I just remember the red backdrop...and then the 4 silhouettes come out one by one...and then the energy of the crowd, 50,000 crazed fans jumping up and down... how could you not get hooked for life?!?!
:combust:

Streets is a great song. I think when they play it live something magical happens. First you hear the dark humming sound in the background then the Edge's guitar pulsating throughout the air with the small lights flickering like stars and then all of a sudden all the lights come on just at the point where the drums and base join in and everyone is jumping up and down.

it was recently voted as the number 1 u2 song of all time by u2 fans

Back
Top Bottom