Story by U2@NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicaMom

Den Mother
Well my heart is where it's always been, my head i
Pablo (U2@NYC) is a very talented witer, he wrote a story in relation to the events of September 11.
The story is in Spanish but I'm sure he would be happy to translate the meaning of it for the non-Spanish speakers.
smile.gif

Click on the this link to read it: http://members.home.net/u2soul/vuelo.html
Thank You Pablo!

I already read it and it?s really good, he expresses his feelings and ideas very well, in this case, the feeling of being terrified by something, the absolute fear and its consequences.

He is also helping me to improve my poor spanish, sending me his work. For both, your story and your help, I wanna say thank you Pablo. Keep up your good job.

What a great story!

Loosely translated from the bottom...
Men are different from the doves. They often put up many difficult obstacles to try to reach a goal. The worse of these is fear, the one that causes us to often doubt what we do... you must learn from the fear but that do not let it overtake you..

Just curious if there was any inspiration from Peace On Earth? It really reminded me a bit of that song.

I think we are all still a bit afraid after Sept 11 - I know I am - I hope things regain some sense of normalcy soon.

Your stories are always great Pablo! Thanks for sharing it.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Thank you all. I guess that someday I will start writing in English but it is so much easier to express my feelings in Spanish for now...

No particular inspiration on Peace on Earth. One thing I normally do is write while listening to U2 and Peace on Earth played a couple of times while writing so there might be some sort of a subliminal message in there.

Thanks for reading it. Truly an honor.

Peace on Earth.

Pablo

Muchas Gracias, Pablo.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

I used to work in a spainish restaurant for 8 years.

While working there, I used to tell the cook this one phrase and it drove him nuts.

Here it is:

"?Por que to hace mucho ruido en cama de Jose?

CK

------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

The best word in Spainish is:

Esposas = Handcuffs

I find that so funny.

CK

------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Who do you think came up with that word?

Angry husbands?

CK

------------------

Back
Top Bottom