Stories for Boys & Girls (cont.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
Elvis closed the original thread because of server problems, NOT because of what was posted.

While some may feel it's now best to drop this topic, I wanted to stress on how unnecessary the actions of "sneaking" into the heart really are. So here is what would have been my reply in the original thread:

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
We got frisked and ran (well, walked quickly) into the heart. The four of us got into the heart, hugged, and just jumped around in a little circle, laughing and giggling for about 5 minutes. Then, someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was the guy who had been standing behind us originally in line (around #400)...turns out we would have made it into the heart anyway! You see, so many people had ran to the OUTSIDE tip of the heart that all the people we had been standing with originally had gotten into the heart! AGGHH! (Although I was happy for them...) Ah well, the fact that we had snuck in made the victory/concert even sweeter.

Had you asked any of us here, we could have told you this.
biggrin.gif
That is, there was never any need for you to sneak in - as you found out (and as most of us knew) you would make it in anyway.

While it is true that only 300 people get in the heart, many people choose to go OUTSIDE the heart, at the tip. This is for obvious reasons (the band, Bono in particular, spends a lot of time at the tip).

At the Boston show, I had a number over 150 (can't recall any more) yet still had a choice of being very close to the very tip outside the heart or stand along the rail inside the heart (when I went into the arena). I chose inside the heart (just for the memory), however, I think outside at the tip is a better spot. Many other people agree with this view, and as such, even people with high numbers (over 400) can still get into the heart (if that is your only goal).

The advantages to being inside the heart is more room to bounce
biggrin.gif
, people can and will save your space (maybe not along the very front, but along other areas) if you need to leave (drinks, bathroom, etc.) and there's minimal pushing. However, the disadvantages are that the band spend a lot of time at the tip (so you may not really be that close to them) and you probably will not get pulled up on stage. Plus, if you are in the very front, right by the stage, and need to leave, you will most likely lose your spot (unless you have a lot of great people saving your place for you).

Of course, there are advantages and disadvantages to being outside the heart, at the tip, as well. Outside the heart (again, at the tip) I can pretty much guarantee that if you leave, you will not get your spot back (unless you have an OUSTANDING group of strong friends with you who will help you retain that spot) and there is a lot of pushing (not good for smaller people). However, the advantages are that Bono almost always selects a person outside the heart to be on the ramp with him (either dancing/hugging or playing an instrument). Also, Bono spends a lot of time there, so you have a great close-up view - may even get to touch him if you are right at the tip.

Needless to say, if you are probably one of the first 500 people in line, you have a chance of being in or very close to the heart. Therefore, if anyone else feels they need to "sneak" to get into the heart - stop worrying. You'll make it. Let's not have U2 fans fighting each other for that spot.

The tip gets my vote to the heart anyday....during the 18/08 Earls Court show I attended Bono spent plenty of time around the tip (his back often to the people in the heart, as did Edge when he ventured forward...and if I remember the girl plucked from the audience was about 6-7 people back dead straight to the tip..the girl was literally carried over peoples heads to Bono. The heart is fantastic but its not the be all and end all of a U2 gig

Cheaters aren't nice people.

CK

------------------
MSG: I will give you 2 NJ1 GA's for 2 NY1 GCs or 2 NY1 $85!! Email or IM me. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

Originally posted by doctorwho:

While some may feel it's now best to drop this topic, I wanted to stress on how unnecessary the actions of "sneaking" into the heart really are. So here is what would have been my reply in the original thread:

Had you asked any of us here, we could have told you this.
biggrin.gif
That is, there was never any need for you to sneak in - as you found out (and as most of us knew) you would make it in anyway.

While it is true that only 300 people get in the heart, many people choose to go OUTSIDE the heart, at the tip. This is for obvious reasons (the band, Bono in particular, spends a lot of time at the tip).

*sighs* I thought this was over.

I wish I had known this earlier. I had no idea that people went for the tip...maybe then, I wouldn't have done what I did.

------------------
*It's not why you're running
It's where you're going
It's not what you're dreaming
But what you're gonna do
It's not where you're born
It's where you belong
It's not how weak
But what will make you strong*

Originally posted by TheU2:
Cheaters aren't nice people.

CK

Alright, I resent this comment. It's downright rude and judgemental. I may have cheated to get into the heart, sure. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person. We're discussing the actions of the night, not my character. I shouldn't have to debate my morals with you. How can you judge me...you don't even know me.

How can you judge me...you don't even know me.

Maybe not, but do you have any honey?

------------------
Stealing honey from a swarm of bees,
swinging through the trees.

I wish I had known this earlier. I had no idea that people went for the tip...maybe then, I wouldn't have done what I did.

STOP the sad face! LOL!
smile.gif
My post actually had very little to do with you. The world doesn't revolve around you (it clearly revolves around Bono).
biggrin.gif
I was just "using you" (well, what do you expect - I'm a man
wink.gif
) to point out information to others. For example, if you didn't know that people went to the tip, others might not have known this either. Hence, in my mind, it was GOOD to carry on this conversation just a bit more so that everyone knows how this works.

Please don't be offended by my rejuventation of this thread. Also, please note that no where in my first post did I comment on any of your actions - rather, I discussed the advantages/disadvantages of the heart/tip and what people do. I just wanted people who didn't know (like yourself) to learn so that they are prepared when they go to a concert.

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Oh Dr.Who-Tell the Damn Truth.
You wanted to be in the Heart because you wanted to be close to ME.

Thank You
-Diamond-

Actually, I think I was in the heart before you, as I had a nice rail spot - a spot you would have LOVED to have so that you could molest Bono, er, I mean jump on stage with Bono faster. Ergo, you were following me.
wink.gif

Yes Dr MathimaticianWhoButt yes u were by 150 ppl, just barely..as I was #300 something

Remember one thing though Bono asked me to molest him-(pick him up) and what-not..for the record..

So the masses in THAT Arena could applaud and endorse the MESSAGE of THE MUSIC- good "Dr."

And Miller-Lite would be appropiate for Providence-Dr./Mr.-"Hot-Shot"

Thank You-
-Diamond-

PS nice new sig-btw-..DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
Click on the following
links for story and
pics re Boston 4:

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 10-17-2001).]

that's ok. you would get into the heart anyway , like you said yourself in the first thread about it. i don't think any less of you for doing what you did.

it's different from the infamous "Boston fiasco" where people from behind actually got past the people in front of them, who were waiting longer to get in-and unlike you, they wouldn't get into the heart anyway. now that was unfair.

also, i imagine it's hard to speculate who's going into the heart and who's going for the tip (out of the first 300 people). i didn't know those people had the choice-i thought the first 300 automatically go into the heart.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-17-2001).]

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:

Remember one thing though Bono asked me to molest him-(pick him up) and what-not..for the record..

LOL!
biggrin.gif
That's cute and funny....

Bono: Begorrah, DB9, me lad, I was wondering if you'd do a fine Irish man a favor and molest me right here on stage in front of thousands?
DB9: Hoo-ha! Anything for the Bono-man! Now get me some nachos.

Seriously, if I ever get a video of that show, I'll be able to proudly say that not only were you literally right in front of me (such that I watched all of the events transpire - like the killing of a few guards), but that I have now talked to you (as you type from your jail cell) on Interference.
smile.gif

And Miller-Lite would be appropiate for Providence-Dr./Mr.-"Hot-Shot"

Not exactly sure what this means... After all, I didn't choose the cities U2 are currently playing. It's not as if I want to go to Providence (prefer Boston or other cities), but that's the closest they are coming to this area. And Providence is a cool city.

However, I am thinking about a weekend getaway package for Las Vegas... Hmmm....
wink.gif

P.S. Gracias for comments on the sig. And I see you have a spiffy new name. New identity?

------------------
dwlogo3.jpg

A proud member of the "No BEALs Club."

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 10-17-2001).]

Not only that Dr.WhoBeButt-

Bono said I could KEEP that whole bag of Nachos after the requested 'diamondhoist'and subsequent Bono requested lap..

Yeah I had a 'sexy' help me w/the new handle / signature..Thanks..

Well for the record,I will be in Prov. and Vegas on furlough..and not to scrub anyone's tub damn it..

Damn these cells are cold in Scottsdale Az..

hoo
hah
burrr..

late-

Your Friend-
Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
Click on the following
links for story and
pics re Boston 4:

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 10-17-2001).]

Originally posted by doctorwho:
STOP the sad face! LOL!
smile.gif
My post actually had very little to do with you. The world doesn't revolve around you (it clearly revolves around Bono).
biggrin.gif
I was just "using you" (well, what do you expect - I'm a man
wink.gif
) to point out information to others. For example, if you didn't know that people went to the tip, others might not have known this either. Hence, in my mind, it was GOOD to carry on this conversation just a bit more so that everyone knows how this works.

Please don't be offended by my rejuventation of this thread. Also, please note that no where in my first post did I comment on any of your actions - rather, I discussed the advantages/disadvantages of the heart/tip and what people do. I just wanted people who didn't know (like yourself) to learn so that they are prepared when they go to a concert.

Doctorwho: For some reason you always have such a wonderful way of explaining things. Of course I'm not angry. I just dreaded the resurrection of this thread, partially because we get people like TheU2 in here...people who make nasty comments and seem to derive pleasure out of making me squirm.
I was under the impression that the first 300 people automatically get into the heart...I believe U2girl mentioned the same thing.
Using me...sheesh.
wink.gif

The world revolves around Bono, but really, when you think about it, WE revolve around Bono (especailly at the concert where we'll do anything for him...even sneak up onto stage...*ahem!*
biggrin.gif
)...so what does that make us? His Satellites of Love?

(P.S...note the Happy face)

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 10-17-2001).]

Originally posted by U2girl:
that's ok. you would get into the heart anyway , like you said yourself in the first thread about it. i don't think any less of you for doing what you did.

Thank-you! You don't know good it is to hear someone say that!
Originally posted by U2girl:

also, i imagine it's hard to speculate who's going into the heart and who's going for the tip (out of the first 300 people). i didn't know those people had the choice-i thought the first 300 automatically go into the heart.

I was under ths same assumption. In fact, I think a lot of people are. So really though, there's no telling HOW many people will actually get into the heart on a given night. It really depends on the number of people that go to the tip. Right, doctorwho?

I just dreaded the resurrection of this thread, partially because we get people like TheU2 in here...people who make nasty comments and seem to derive pleasure out of making me squirm.

I derive no pleasure of making people squirm. I just don't like cheaters.

CK

PS I'm sure you're a nice girl that made a bad decision. Just don't go defending your decision by saying at the end of the day, everything worked out.

CK again

------------------
MSG: I will give you 2 NJ1 GA's for 2 NY1 GCs or 2 NY1 $85!! Email or IM me. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

Back
Top Bottom