stores selling pre-orders for new U2 album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
I was recently in a Hastings Entertainment store in Albuqurque, NM and at the register they have an advertisement offering a pre-order for the new U2 album. The release is said to be "early 2004". I spoke with several people at the store and they don't have a name or a relase date for the album. The music manager said he recieved an email from Universal/Island stating that the release date had been pushed back from March. He told me that I could probably receive more info by contacting their corporate office. If anyone is interested and has more time to research this than I do...the website is:

http://www.gohastings.com/help/contact/contactus.stm

There are phone numbers there as well as email addresses.

Thought this was interesting though. They had what looked to be formal pre order ad's...not something they printed off at the store so they probably have a street date, if you can get them to share that with you. Best of luck.

Slante

when i used to work at toys r us back in the day we'd get memo's from companies regarding upcomming popular video games... i.e. the madden football series, grand theft auto, etc. etc... approx. 4-5 months before the release so we could start pre-sales... if we deemed neccesary to do so. so i tend to believe this story... woo hoo :hyper:

:shrug:
I don't know what to think anymore...first there was the "catching the moment right after the tour" talk, then the "we're doing it in 2003" talk, then the "it's Spring 2004" talk
:crazy: I wish we'd have something solid, official news to dwell on.

yep.

it's gonna be june 2004.....or.........

if we don't hear the title or single info by feb., you can bet it's not coming out until sept. (the single that is; the album will be out next november).

:down: :down: :down:

We will learn the name of the album, single, tracklisting etc. in January.

The album will be out in April or May.

Basically as I've said before, when you hear the name of the first single, expect the album 90 days after.

I still think the album will be released in spring foloowed by a european tour and I even have good hopes that leg of the tour will be followed by some tour dates in Australia and South America before they head to the US

seems to counterbalance the Elevation tour
and U2 seems to like to counterbalance stuff

those damn dates just make me more nervous...how long,how long must we wait for the new songs to come,how long...
but we're at least One Step Closer To Knowing:wink:

I still think March 8 will be the release date. Expect a new single to be released in early January. I really believe this album is going to be amazing. I am excited about the fact they have not leaked any songs. This tells me they are very confident in the new material and they are going to drop the mother of all rock and roll albums in our laps!

cseggleton said:
I still think March 8 will be the release date. Expect a new single to be released in early January. I really believe this album is going to be amazing. I am excited about the fact they have not leaked any songs. This tells me they are very confident in the new material and they are going to drop the mother of all rock and roll albums in our laps!

welcome aboard my friend.
I hope you're right.:wink:

I think they will do the usual spectacular and play once in Ireland then do another show

[/ bitter]

And I cant se them playing here in June 2004 in Phoenix PArk because thats when RHCP are coming here so I think they will come here in 2005 maybe :hmm:

I dont like guessing anyway.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

would also love to try and catch 'em in ireland, if the money allows it... :hmm:

*checks flight leaving from JFK*

then we could go to the guiness factory and take the tour!

Back
Top Bottom