Still tink 'Wanderer' shouldve been taken off Zooropa.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wanderer is my favourite song on Zooropa. In fact, it's one of my favourite U2 song!! I mean, I would love to hear a Bono version of it but this Johnny Cash version is damn good too!

Just look at the lyrics, it's so emotional. When I first heard it, the lyrics touches my heart deeply, maybe with a little bit personal emotion on it.

And I agree with sula *wouldn't change a note of Zooropa*
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Maddie, I think it's great for you to create this thread. I always love to read this kind of thread and it gives me a opportunity to see what the other U2 fans think of these topics. AND, at least it's U2 related!!!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 01-10-2002).]

Originally posted by mad1:
no babygrace, I erased my opinion, everyone else here is far more intelligent than me, I feel I should never talk anymore about U2 music.......
frown.gif

no that not cause me feel sorry for me, cause me dont, me sayin that cause it true

maddie, stop!!! self deprecation sheesh

i promise i aint more intelligent than you. its all about taste. everyone sees diff things in diff songs because of personal experiences and beliefs, not intelligence.

and if you dont quit, i will send salome after you, and it wont be for thread closing!
right salome?
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I like having "The Wanderer" on the album...it is so contrasting to the other tracks...it sticks out because of Cash's voice. I so think it would fit better with the rest of the album if Bono had done the vocals.

But that would've defeated the whole point, which I thought was to have a Johnny Cash song on a U2 record (for whatever reason--maybe just the hip-kitsch factor). It's not a U2 song. It's a Johnny Cash song. It doesn't matter who wrote it, it's a Johnny Cash song, just like "Mystery Girl" is a Roy Orbison song...or that's how I sees it anyway.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 01-10-2002).]

This is one of the cooler songs on any U2 album. How could you omit it??

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I personally can't stand The Wanderer. The music sounds like ... an 80s Computer-Game. It's the only song I don't like on Zooropa. Maybe it's a joke: The deep lyrics by Johnny "The Man" Cash and the silly sound in the background.

------------------
I let the melody shine
Let it cleanse my mind
I feel free now

Back
Top Bottom