Still full price??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
Went to the record shop today to buy ATYCLB as a birthday present for a friend. I was also buying a cd for myself. (not U2 for a change) But as always I flip through the U2 box (I might find a new album LOL) and I wonder what I always wonder when I do this. Will U2's albums never reduce in price?

I have never seen any on a sale. The only albums that has a slightly lower price is Boy and October and some times War. But the rest are always full price.
It's great in one way, it means they are popular and worth it but for me who wants to give the cd's for present it sucks...

What's the price situation where you live, the same thing?

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Same in America. The first 3 albums are always the cheapest, but ATYCLB has been on a "Grammy sale" here, I think, but I am not 100% sure.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
This is the reason that I frequent 'used CD' stores. I finally found WAIA for $6 which was much better than paying full-price (although how you can charge $12 for a 4-song EP is beyond me). I have bought AB, Zooropa, and Pop all used.

Same thing here Sula!!

Best Buy has always had resonable prices.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Come to Western Canada if you want cheap CD's. A&B sound usually has new releases at $14-15 Canadian. And the older U2 albums (up to UF) are $10 on sale while the rest go to $13-15 for a new CD during a sale. Used CD's here are about $10, plus GST, of course.

Originally posted by david:
Best Buy has always had resonable prices.

True, and they have a decent selection, too. I just discovered Best Buy a few months ago. Never bothered before that.

Up until 2 or 3 years ago Tower Records would occasionally have all U2 albums prior to The Joshua Tree on sale for $7.99 (now the sale price is $8.99).

Yep, I always shop at Besy Buy now--everywhere else is $20 a CD!! That's crazy...don't they know I have rent/bills to pay?
wink.gif

------------------
Show a little faith
There's magic in the night

they quite often feature in those "buy x cds for ?y" offers here (Ireland, also in UK) always think, that would be great, but I have them all! Can never find anything that I want in those things anymore.

------------------
?*~darkcloud~*?

This is the reason that I frequent 'used CD' stores. I finally found WAIA for $6 which was much better than paying full-price (although how you can charge $12 for a 4-song EP is beyond me). I have bought AB, Zooropa, and Pop all used.

I usually see Boy, October, War, and Unforgettable Fire for $11.98, and the rest are at least $13.98, sometimes as high as $16.98. And Sam Goody's prices are the worst. Every new album is $20. I usually go to the Wiz. They at least have sales on new albums. Last summer they had the first 4 albums for $7.98, and I grabbed them. Since then the prices have gone up $4.

Originally posted by ericb:
And Sam Goody's prices are the worst. Every new album is $20. I usually go to the Wiz.

I HATE Sam Goody. They have horrible prices and they have bad selection too.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Ive seen pop and JT here for ?9.99.

ATYCLB is still generally full price altho often it is in a two for ?25 or something like that.

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

I got a copy of Boy for 99p 5 years ago.

smile.gif

And a bootleg here is for ?38.50. I think it's quite OK.

[This message has been edited by CatDubh (edited 02-26-2002).]

Circuit City is a good place as far as selection and prices, too. And they carry imports, which shocked me for a big chain store.

------------------
"Shame on you! Ugly baby judges you!"

Most U2 albums go on sale here at certain times.I saw ATYCLB for $20 the other day.
Although I actually worry and think "hmm why is that album so cheap? Its U2, it shouldnt be in the bargain bin!"

Remember, stores put things on sale that they're having trouble selling at the regular price.
wink.gif

Methinks they haven't had much trouble moving the U2 units off the shelves lately.
biggrin.gif

I find it hard to believe, but it seems like we have the cheapest CD?s in Sweden.
wink.gif

Checking out the cheapest CD-shop shows that the only U2 CD?s which costs over $10 are ATYLB and Best of 1980-90, both cost $14 each. Then Zooropa, Achtung baby and Pop for $9 and the rest for $7.
Too bad I?ve them all already.
biggrin.gif

OOPS, just realised that the starter of this topic is from Sweden...so she should know already!
smile.gif

MissZooropa, buy your CD?s from internet instead!

Originally posted by lemon.se:
OOPS, just realised that the starter of this topic is from Sweden...so she should know already!
smile.gif

MissZooropa, buy your CD?s from internet instead!

Where have you been?? I've looked on internet shops too but can't find them this cheap. I mean Bengans and Skivhugget in Gothenburg has the cheapest cd's in all Sweden and all U2's cd except the ones I mentioned is sold for 16 dollars, 159 sek.
Maybe the price in itself is cheaper on internet but if you count in postage it isn't any longer if you don't buy alot of cd's.

I have never seen them on sales like two for 20 or something either.

Originally posted by lemon.se:
Well, I?ve been online. Try www.ginza.se , I would say they have the best prices. Indeed postage is added but it?s not that bad if you only buy 1-4 CD?s, then they only (?) want 29 SEK for postage.

Oki, I checked them and you were right. I'm not a big buyer of Cd's and only buy one, two per year or something. LOL And it doesn't make that big of a difference then so.... But thanks for the tip, I might go there next time.
smile.gif

Interesting though that the CD I bought the other day, Coldplay, Ginza sells for full price while I only payed 99sek at Bengans. So you better check stores too.

[This message has been edited by MissZooropa (edited 02-27-2002).]

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Where have you been??

Well, I?ve been online. Try www.ginza.se , I would say they have the best prices. Indeed postage is added but it?s not that bad if you only buy 1-4 CD?s, then they only (?) want 29 SEK for postage.

Back
Top Bottom