Stereophonics: They're next

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baker6621

War Child
Wow! In the past week, I have bought three (and all) of Stereophonics's CD's. After seeing them open @ MSG, I thought they had a few good songs. But after getting the first CD, I must say they are truly a special band. There are soo many good songs on each of these albums that they kind of resemble a U2 album in terms of liking the majority of the songs (something rare these days).

Kelly Jones has an awesome voice, and I'm loving the lyrics. I know they're not big in the U.S. - (even though they've been touring) but have been big in the U.K.

What do you guys think about this band? I really think they could be the next big thing. I love them, they're very cool. I can't wait too see them in Feb! I wanted to know what you guys thought of them.

If you've never heard of them, here are some essential downloads (guarenteed you'll like some of em):

-Traffic
-A thousand trees
-Have a nice day
-Mr. Writer
-Step on my old size nines
-Caravan Holiday
-Lying in the sun
-bartender and the theif (huge hit in brit)
-hurry up and wait
-pick a part thats new
-just looking

There's lots more, but I could go on and on. I truly think this band kicks ass! Creative lyrics, creative titles and a voice so awesome you HAVE to blast it.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

OMG, I totally agree! They rock! Lyrics are amazing (and extremely moving sometimes), the music is fantastic, and they kick ass live! I was lucky enough to see them open for U2 5 times, and have now bought all three albums. Hadn't heard such new good music in years (aside from U2). I am even going to go see them in January
smile.gif

Totally agree with your list of songs, just would add a few more:

- Local boy in a photograph
- More Life In A Tramps Vest
- Not Up To You
- Last Of The Big Time Drinkers
- Same Size Feet
- Pick A Part That's New
- Nice to be Out
ah, heck, I could as well list all of the tracks!

Amazing band, now part of my all time 10 favorites!

You totally read my mind-I love this band and was going to start an appreciation thread for them!

They were so great last week in Columbus. Can't wait to get their other cds.
smile.gif

------------------
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

LOL ARUN V, who would have thought?

Hey, I'd like to know more about how they are live and maybe even a few sample setlists! I can't wait, Kelly Jones's voice is just the BOMB.

Stereophonics: The next U2?
smile.gif
Heh.

I hope their stuff is generally better than Have A Nice Day, which is just crap in my opinion.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I saw them in November and they were brilliant! They're a very talented band and Kelly Jones has a great voice. Anyone who hasn't heard their music really should download some of the songs that have been mentioned - especially "The bartender and the thief" and "Pick a part that's new"

hmmm,
I personally don't like Kelly Jones's voice that much

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom