Stay - Far Away So Close

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This song is probably my favorite one off of Zooropa. It is a beautiful and serious song. It is a song to enjoy and also to ponder.

But...

There is one thing about it that almost makes me laugh and I wonder if I am the only one who has this feeling. Near the end when Bono sings the Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Ohhhhh part, it reminds me somehow of the theme song from Star Trek. I sometimes think I should be asking Scottie to beam me up. Is this just me? Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I'm just goofy...

:huh:

But now I've planted the seed in your head. Next time you here the song you will think of Mr. Spock. :wink:

I think it sounds like My Cherie Amour or whatever that song is. I think's by Stevie Wonder.

Kristie said:
I can see My Cherie Amour but not Star Trek... :scratch:

:yes: That works...Star Trek! :lol:

And to the person who first said this, understand that I am not laughing AT you by any means...I just think that's a funny way to think of it!

I don't know enough about Star Trek to give an opinion...but I will say that "Stay" is one of my top 3 fave U2 songs.

I had totally forgotten about the song until the Best of CD!! Freaking amazing!! That's the first song I put on and then I repeat it for another 2 times!!! :yes:

LOL! I just remembered what the Star Trek theme sounds like...personally I wouldn't say they are alike.

I don't know what My Cherie Amour sounds like though. :shrug:

My favorite song on Zooropa, and one of U2's top 3 videos IMO.

I guess it's not really Bono's Oh Oh Ohs that remind me of Star Trek. It's more so the background higher pitched vocals. And like I said, I :heart: the song. Just once in a while it goves me the urge to watch the Sci-Fi Channel. :laugh:

And yes the video is great. I don't know how that girl managed to sing with Bono right in her face! I wonder how many takes it took until she wasn't either laughing or drooling. :wink:

Lemon Meringue said:
I guess it's not really Bono's Oh Oh Ohs that remind me of Star Trek. It's more so the background higher pitched vocals. And like I said, I :heart: the song. Just once in a while it goves me the urge to watch the Sci-Fi Channel. :laugh:

And yes the video is great. I don't know how that girl managed to sing with Bono right in her face! I wonder how many takes it took until she wasn't either laughing or drooling. :wink:

:lmao: Yeah, if it were me they would have had to erase the drool on the computer afterwards or something!

:hmm: Ohhh...the background vocals...That's something to ponder...

My Cheri Amore

This is the best clip I could find. I hope this will work. Sorry it is not actually performed by Stevie Wonder.

Attachments

• mycherie.mp3
    46.3 KB
Back
Top Bottom