Stateless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flying FuManchu said:

LOL... Mel Gibson and his acting in that movie was lauded by "critics" when that movie came out. I think if not for Gibson, the reviews may have been worse. So score one for the "blockbuster movie guy."

there is more to cinema than critics that rate the movies by the amount of dollars made in the first weekend (those only ones that can call acting to what mel gibson does). but by that criteria they were right, spider-man is a much better movie (even without gibson's "acting").

I love that song. It's beautiful. The melody, the bass, the lyrics, the mood. It would be a great closer for ATYCLB (not that I don't like Grace, cause I do). I would love of Bono sang a snippet of it in some other song, like at the end of Streets! :drool:

bedouin fire said:

there is more to cinema than critics that rate the movies by the amount of dollars made in the first weekend (those only ones that can call acting to what mel gibson does). but by that criteria they were right, spider-man is a much better movie (even without gibson's "acting").

Eh? What were you trying to say? Were you belittling movie critics who happen to "create the buzz" that push the "arty" movies? Also Mel Gibson doesn't do acting as opposed to who?

The majority of critics (who also happen to be snobby/ indie or foreign film-supportive) generally lauded Gibson's performance. Actually when youtwo.net was around, they were posting Million Dollar Hotel reviews and I rarely, if at all, remembered a negative review towards Gibson's performance. It was Wenders and sometimes Bono who got the negative publicity/ criticisms.

I don't get it? What does Spider-Man which was a well made movie AND a blockbuster have to do with Wim Wenders flick. I just recall that this flick was one of Wender's worst reviewed flick and critics tend to love Wenders' work even though he doesn't get much play in the US.

Last edited:
i could never understand WHY Mel decided to criticize the movie. In the end, wasn't he inside it? why didn't he refuse to act, if the movie sounded so boring (and I think you CAN tell this from the script)?

Aardvark747 said:

Yeah - tho i'm sure he still sits on his throne at home surrounded by his beautiful maidens feeding him grapes, and enjoys the movie from time to time! Particularly his own cameo part!....

:bono: (irish accent) - "Look Ali....there's ME!!"

:wink:

he he he he

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom