Starting to really like HTDAAB...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
I'll admit, I was one of these fans who, after first listen to HTDAAB, thought "that's it!?!" I mean, I didn't dislike the album, but I found myself quickly switching back to other CD's by other bands. It was the only U2 CD which didn't really grab my attention on first listen.

All that said, I am now finding that HTDAAB has found a permanent home in my car CD player, taking the place of those "other bands". The more I listen to songs, the more I like them. For example, Miracle Drug, which didn't interest me AT ALL on first listen, I will repeat over and over now. At this point, I'm having a hard time finding songs I DON'T like.

Oddly, I find that the only other U2 album (since I've become a fan) that had this same effect on me (not catchy on first listen, but growing on me very fast) was Achtung Baby. I can remember the first listen to AB thinking that it just wasn't very interesting. Now, I can't believe I ever even had those thoughts about such a masterpiece (which ironically enough turned out to be my favorite U2 album).

So how will HTDAAB hold up in the long run? Too early to say. But it does seem to be following that same pattern that AB followed...for me anyway. Encouraging to say the least.

Last edited:
glad to hear it...I was kind of the opposite, I usually have to grow on u2 stuff, and then eventually fall in love with it. This album I loved most of the songs when I first heard them. So I was thinking they would burn out on me after a few weeks. But I still love em

I'd just like to formally eat (most of) my words. I'm starting to love HTDAAB but still can't stand miracle drug. :)

Welcome aboard! I hope that all the doubters when they see it live will change their mind!

Back
Top Bottom