Staring At The Sun vs. IGWSHA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which POP song is superior?

• Staring At The Sun (Original or New Mix)

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (Original or Single)

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters

Miggy D

War Child
Which of these POP songs is superior?

And yes, you can consider the single version of IGWSHA and the Best Of mix of Staring At The Sun, if you prefer either of those versions to the originals.

Let's see which song wins!

I definitely prefer "If God Will Send His Angels." I like them both - but I just love that song a lot more than Staring at the Sun... *shrug*

They're too different to be compared, despite being next to each other on the same (diverse) album.

IGWSHA. SATS was only really good when they got the full band live version right. Otherwise it's just another U2 song to me. IGWSHA has one of my favourite verses:

Jesus never let me down
You know Jesus used to show me the score
Then they put Jesus in show business
Now it's hard to get in the door

:up:

If God Will Send His Angels. I'm one of the people who just never "got" Staring at the Sun, like the band was hoping I would. I never understood why they released it as a single. IGWSHA is a beautiful song.

wow, this is kind of a surprise. While I love "Angels," I think SATS is a classic u2 tune. Edge's guitar :drool:

I like SATS better as a song, it's one of the prettiest tunes they've ever written (too bad it got kind of spoiled by some creepy lyrics, IMO) But I don't like the videos, they're horrible. I like the IGWSHA video (Bono in leather jacket :sick: ) but not the song very much.

U2Kitten said:
I like SATS better as a song, it's one of the prettiest tunes they've ever written (too bad it got kind of spoiled by some creepy lyrics, IMO) But I don't like the videos, they're horrible. I like the IGWSHA video (Bono in leather jacket :sick: ) but not the song very much.

The videos are horrible? They're 100x the videos of ATYCLB and HTDAAB(with the exception of 'Sometimes'). And what creepy lyrics are you talking about? I never heard any in that song.

I'm not voting on the grounds that I love both songs too much to choose.

Last edited:
namkcuR said:

And what creepy lyrics are you talking about? I never heard any in that song.

I think U2 kitten's referring to an insect itching and burning.

If God Will Send His Angels

U2 should have released this song WORLDWIDE as a second single, its just tremendosly pretty, its a wonderful song

namkcuR said:

The videos are horrible? They're 100x the videos of ATYCLB and HTDAAB(with the exception of 'Sometimes'). And what creepy lyrics are you talking about? I never heard any in that song.

I'll keep that in mind the next time someone says people who like the last two albums are biased.

if god will send his angels is better on the album, but the acoustic live version of staring at the sun during the popmart is simply unbeatable, and maybe it will remain the best version forever

If God Will Send His Angels (single mix)

love the extra verse they added at the end for this. looks like this was one of the 'unfinished' ones

The only nerve that was struck seems to be yours. You were upset at U2Kitten's comments.

I was just enjoying the irony of seeing blatant bias on an era of U2, yet fans of ATYCLB/HTDAAB are being accused of having a bias.

Back
Top Bottom