Staring At The Sun vs. IGWSHA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which POP song is superior?

• Staring At The Sun (Original or New Mix)

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (Original or Single)

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters
I am surprised to see IGWSHA doing so well. I have always thought that SATS was a weak song (by U2 standards) and have never understood the praise it gets. The album version of IGWSHA is very unfinished and drags a bit but the single version is one of the best things they did in the late 90's.

I mean, we're all U2 fans, but boy, you guys really differ from me. Like Mofo and Mysterious Ways being voted off the first round of the 90's competition? Those are my two favourite singles ever, I think.
Same thing here, I really think If God Will Send His Angels is the weakest track from Pop, except for Playboy Mansion maybe... Staring At The Sun, however, is great... :huh:

Ye Olde Starin' is my pick.

agreed with God Part Tres,IGWSHA is the weakest tune from POP.Playboy Mansion is terribly underrated.

staring at the sun. best song on pop. :wink:
well, tied for best. sats and gone.

As much as I love Angels, I'm surprised by the results. I voted for Staring. Maybe since you mentioned the awful new mix of Staring, that's why Angels won. Tough choice though, between the original songs.

Zootlesque said:
As much as I love Angels, I'm surprised by the results. I voted for Staring. Maybe since you mentioned the awful new mix of Staring, that's why Angels won. Tough choice though, between the original songs.

Well, I did say to choose between your favorite 2 versions. That should negate the 'New Mix' factor. :madspit:

-Miggy

U2girl said:
The only nerve that was struck seems to be yours. You were upset at U2Kitten's comments.

I was just enjoying the irony of seeing blatant bias on an era of U2, yet fans of ATYCLB/HTDAAB are being accused of having a bias.

kthnxdiepls

IGWSHA is one of my favourites off Pop. Best chill out U2 song have ever done, it is supposed to be played on a hot sunny day.

I've never liked Staring at the Sun, I like how the Edge has developed a new sound and it is a good/average U2 song, but it isn't a repeat listen sort of thing.

Infact I reguarly skip it if it comes up on my Winamp.

Back
Top Bottom