Staring at the Sun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00Kevin

War Child
Better studio, or live(acoustic)? I like the studio a lot better. The Edge's guitar:drool: :drool:

I like the studio version but L:heart:VE the acoustic Popmart Mexico City version! Great song from one of their best albums!

Live full band electric, even when they totally stuffed it up.

I love the acoustic version (well, I got a little sick of it during Elevation, but it was great during PopMart), but I've gotta give the edge to the original studio version. I love the guitar sound.

The Best Of remix sucks. The other remixes are, as I recall, mostly the same, but one of them is better than the others (the Monster Truck Mix, maybe?) because it does something different for the chorus. I actually think it's kind of cool.

All the big fancy professional reviewers compare the song to Oasis' "Wonderwall," which I don't hear at all except that they both have acoustic guitars and are catchy. Fucking big fancy professional reviewers.

COBL_04 said:
I've only heard it on Slane...I thought it was pretty good.

I'm not the only one...staring at the sun...

And again I implore you to listen to Pop! :wink:

COBL_04 said:
:laugh: I'm getting there, I'm getting there. I think Boy is the next album I'm getting however. It's the cheapest option.

Well, that isn't a bad option necessarily. :wink:

COBL_04 said:

:laugh: I'm getting there, I'm getting there. I think Boy is the next album I'm getting however. It's the cheapest option.

Yeah, you'll like Boy.

Staring at the sun is really better on the album. Cool song.

Never been a huge fan of this song really, but I prefer the stripped down live versions with Edges backing vocals.

Studio.

I believe the electric guitar is some of Edge's best work ever.

This is the song that got me into U2.
Still in my top 5.

Back
Top Bottom