Staples Center parking - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2001, 05:56 PM   #1
Den Mother

Location: Well my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between.
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Staples Center parking

I just called the Staples to ask them about what time they'll open the Parking lots, they told me 4-4:30 pm!!!!
I told the guy I needed to be there earlier than that and he goes, "well, the concert doesn't start until 8 pm". ack!
I'm not familiar with the area, could someone from the LA area direct me to an alternative parking lot, please?
Also, the Staples parking costs $20, I wonder if that includes carwash or personal security!
I hope they do let us line up early in the morning.

Old 11-10-2001, 06:36 PM   #2
you are what you is

Local Time: 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by NicaMom:
Also, the Staples parking costs $20, I wonder if that includes carwash or personal security!
apparently they drive your car home while you're at the concert
really saves you a lot of time

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Old 11-10-2001, 06:46 PM   #3
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome:
apparently they drive your car home while you're at the concert
really saves you a lot of time
Wow, what a wonderful perk...

That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while!

hmmm hopefully you can figure something out NicaMom. That guy must have been thinking why the bloody hell would anyone have to be there before 4 pm... haha some people just don't understand the concept of GA
Old 11-10-2001, 06:58 PM   #4
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:42 PM
NicaMom, there's a really good map @ Staplescenter.com. It shows all the nearby public lots:
http://www.staplescenter.com/h_directions_fr.html

Old 11-10-2001, 07:12 PM   #5
Den Mother

Location: Well my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between.
Yeah Salome, that's what I need, one of those weirdos driving my car.
Thanks pub crawler but those parking lots are own by The Staples Center.
Old 11-10-2001, 08:40 PM   #6
The Fly

there are lots around staples not owned by them but i dont know where to find a map of those...id just suggest driving around til you found one. i was just there last week and saw some close by...

alison

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry
Old 11-10-2001, 09:20 PM   #7
New Yorker

Quote:

Thanks pub crawler but those parking lots are own by The Staples Center.
Really?? Well, in any case, as noted by mrsmullen, there are cheaper lots nearby. I parked in one for a Kings game a couple of months ago. Seriously, if you're going to be there really early, I'd just drive around the area and look for one of the more reasonably priced lots.

Old 11-10-2001, 10:25 PM   #8
The Fly

Local Time: 09:42 PM
There's a convention center there, and the lots under it, around it, are open constantly all day long. It is right next to Staples. For $20 prgk we had a poor soul with a shopping cart (there's lots of them so if you are in a giving spirit they sort of hang around all over the Staples Center Area), and he was leaning against my car when I came out after a concert. There is also a Holiday Inn right across from Staples with parking, and the Figueroa Hotel (where a lot of groups that play Staples have their after show parties...so possibly, maybe U2???) with parking. U2 will probably see to it that the rain they keep saying is coming for Mon. will go away so no one has to stand there in pouring rain for the heart.
Old 11-11-2001, 01:45 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Frankly, I hope they DON'T let us line up early....I could use a few hours sleep between the Vegas show and the show on the 19th!! That getting in line at the crack of dawn is nuts....

MoonIsPlayingTricks lives in LA...I'll see what she can find out as well...

Quote:
I just called the Staples to ask them about what time they'll open the Parking lots, they told me 4-4:30 pm!!!!
I told the guy I needed to be there earlier than that and he goes, "well, the concert doesn't start until 8 pm". ack!
I'm not familiar with the area, could someone from the LA area direct me to an alternative parking lot, please?
I hope they do let us line up early in the morning.
Old 11-11-2001, 02:19 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Salome:
apparently they drive your car home while you're at the concert really saves you a lot of time
Yeah, apparently they're called designated drivers, in case you get too smashed at U2 concerts...

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin
Old 11-11-2001, 08:41 PM   #11
Den Mother

Thanks everyone for the input.
It looks like I won't have a "designated driver", but I'll save money.
Old 11-11-2001, 09:20 PM   #12
War Child

Local Time: 09:42 PM
Hi All,

WOW, Can't believe that it's gonna cost $20 bucks just to leave your car in one place!! Man I think I'm missing Anaheim!!

Anyway, I'll be going with my friend tomorrow so hopefully I will post and tell whoever is going Tuesday how the day went!!

Also if by chance, any of you guys are in my neck of the woods (Long Beach) would anyone mind giving me a ride to the show on Tuesday? I hate having to post this, but my crappy car konked on me and so I'm kinda freaking out on how I'm going to get to Staples. Anyway just to assure people, I'm not a looney (well, okay maybe for U2, but thats it!!!)and would be willing to help with parking and gas $. If you can help this poor soul(me) please email me at Isas99@msn.com

Thanks and to whoever is going tomorrow,lets have FUN!!!