Stadium or Arenas? rumor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Is there dissension among the band regarding the format of the next tour? According to a spy for The Mirror, Bono and Larry want to do a stadium tour, whereas Adam and Edge feel an arena tour would be better. The spy told the tabloid, ?Bono reckons they should stick to the stadiums playing to 70,000 people a night.?

per u2log.com

Last edited:
I don't care whether it's stadiums or arenas, just they better come to Australia!

Reasons for all of them to feel the way they do.

Bono- 20,000 people don't give him as big of a hard on as 70,000 do.

Edge- Arenas are more intimate, and create a wonderful closeness with the audience

Adam- He always has to keep his nose high enough in the air so that he can't see the back row of the audience. A stadium's back row goes up much higher, so he has to hold his neck at a higher position all night.

Larry- Stadiums = Less shows

Scarletwine said:
Both :yes:

1ST LEG - US Arena's
2nd Leg Europe combo
3rd LEG - US Stadium

a chance to see both - priceless

Of course 4th leg S America & Oz & Japan

it will be either ALL arenas or ALL Stadiums IMO

bono_man2002 said:

it will be either ALL arenas or ALL Stadiums IMO

Zoo TV was Stadiums and Arenas, so there is still a possibility of both...though it is doubtful.

I wanna see them here in Los Angeles @ the Colesium and the Staples Center! That would be the best

I think it'll be a mixture. They'll almost certainly perform stadiums in Australasia, South America, parts of Europe, and other parts of the world they may decide to go to (i.e. South Africa, Israel), but I would not be surprised if they performed a good amount of arenas in North America and Europe. I'd suspect it'll be something like this;

First leg - North America - arenas
Second leg - Europe - arenas and stadiums (Elevation translated well to Slane so it's not like they'd need an entirely different setup)
Third leg - North America - stadiums
Fourth leg - Rest of the world - stadiums

bono_man2002 said:
well will all know around this time next year... :hyper:

I hope we know because we are at the shows and not because they just tell us what is going on.

I hope scarlet wine is right. I am trying to think of ticket strategies already...who wants to get in a van with me?

They should just do stadium tours outside the US.
The U.S. has plenty of arenas probably more than any other country. Plus, arenas are better.
That's just the way I see it.

TiaraGurl said:
I hope scarlet wine is right. I am trying to think of ticket strategies already...who wants to get in a van with me?

i'm planning on going to most of the australian shows.....so i really need a good stratigie also!

bono_man2002 said:
i'm planning on going to most of the australian shows.....so i really need a good stratigie also!

Yeah, I want to go to all of the shows ... just I've got to figure out how I'm meant to pay for all that first!

Axver said:

Yeah, I want to go to all of the shows ... just I've got to figure out how I'm meant to pay for all that first!

get part-time work unless you dont have a job already....i've started looking a couple of weeks back now

Last edited:
I'm trying to track down a job ... shame they don't just fall into your lap!

I'm also looking to save up.

I'd definatly try and get to all the shows they play in Melbourne, and then maybe Adelaide too (especially if my sister goes to live there next year which is a possibility) or Sydney (my grandparents live there).

I'm all for free accomodation! :)

Erm just a thought but why should America get 2 legs of a concert tour when they havent played places like Australia? :huh:

Because they always play two American legs.

I'll definitely be at a Brisbane show, and if they play Gold Coast then ... well, I'm ten minutes away from the venue! I'm planning on going down for a Melbourne show, and I think I know someone who can get me tickets to Perth. Maybe I'll follow them around Australia and see parts of the place I haven't seen at the same time ...

Now just to get that job ... summer employment better rock like my Dad thinks it does ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom