St. Paddy's Day skit on SNL last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ben Affleck was Bono? I thought he was just playing an Irish guy who wanted to be like Bono? But yes, it was very very lame.

He wasn't playing Bono, he was playing someone who was trying to be like Bono. He wanted his friends to call him "Rono" because he was embarrassed of his real name, Ronald McDonald. And yes, that sketch was lame. I thought the "What happens in Thailand stays in Thailand" commercials were hilarious, though.

I was so mad. I was at somebody else's house, and I heard BD playing in the other room and people screaming and I thought they said BONO! so I came running. Well it sure was lame. Ben Afleck is much better looking as a Bono clone, but not as good as Bono. The skit was stupid and offensive to the Irish:down:

if i were bono, i'd find it flattering that SNL wants to portray me in their skits.

I was just joking about it being offensive to the Irish. When I said I was 'so mad' I meant I was disappointed it wasn't really Bono because I thought maybe it was from what I heard from the toher room. But I do think it was a lame idea, though if they had an Irish bar scene and left out any mention of U2 that would have been so wrong.;) And Ben A. should adopt that Bono look complete with flag jacket. It is a major improvement:yes:

Last edited:
No need for anyone to get offended....... It's not because they made fun of Bono.... I actually found that kindda funny.... but it's SNL in general that has been quite lame recently!!!

Last edited:
No, please, BS is ugly and annoying :no: Does anybody remember Bobcat Goldthwait's WOWY spoof back in the 80's or have you seen a rerun of it?

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
No, please, BS is ugly and annoying :no: Does anybody remember Bobcat Goldthwait's WOWY spoof back in the 80's or have you seen a rerun of it?

I remember Bobcat Goldthwait on some show; it might have been Comic Relief, but I don't remember. He walked out as the intro to "Streets" was playing, and he was dressed like Bono: leather vest & such. He stood there holding a microphone--wasn't doing anything--and the audience was cheering and applauding because they knew he was spoofing Bono. He also had the head toss just right?Bono would throw his head back a lot to get his hair out of his eyes.

Oh, I don't think I ever saw that one! I saw the WOWY one where he had the vest and the ponytail and put his hands over his head and said 'my hands are tied'

Last edited:
U2DMfan said:
All spoofing of Bono or U2 should be done by Ben Stiller.

BWAHAHAH I LOVE that!!! the Lucky Clover commercial "One bowl....." and Rattle & Hum U2 playing the bar mitzvah (sp?). The best thing is that Ben is thorough enough to include a Bono-scar on his chin.

My favorite of Stiller was his parody of the Streets video. His version was titled "I'm A Man With No Last Name" hilarious.

There was also the Zoo TV game show spoof where he played Bono and had the Jeffersons on as guest contestants.

Blue Room said:
My favorite of Stiller was his parody of the Streets video. His version was titled "I'm A Man With No Last Name" hilarious.

There was also the Zoo TV game show spoof where he played Bono and had the Jeffersons on as guest contestants.

:lmao: I would have loved to have seen both of those skits!

Back
Top Bottom