"Spotlight: U2" on VH1...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Did anyone see this? It was on VH1 earlier tonight. It was an hour long and it was pretty much a mini-documentary following the band in the month leading up to the beginning of the tour, right up to opening night. The band talked surprisingly candidly about what goes into getting a tour going, and their feelings about going on tour and how they're always nervous at the start of a tour, and how they could rehearse for ten years and they would still be under-rehearsed, among other things.

Oh, and Bono also did a really funny impression of Colin Ferrell doing a Bono impression :wink:

Last edited:
I saw it. That Colin Farrell spoof was funny. I also laughed at the part where the narrator said something like, "So what do the world's biggest rock band do with their free time?" and then you heard that record scratch sound, and it showed the band walking down the street, and Bono was singing, "A rock star is a person in your neighborhood..." :p. That was pretty funny.

That box thingy they showed that has stuff dealing with all their songs for their tour...geez, you'd have to be a freakin' genius to figure that thing out, LOL. I looked at it and was like, :shocked: :huh:...

I also liked the part where Bono talked about his dad. All sentimental and emotional and stuff :hug: :bono:.

Yeah. It was a pretty good show. And I haven't read much in the way of show reviews for this tour so far, 'cause all it'd do is make me wish I were there and everything (seriously, I am definitely thrilled to hear that U2's shows are selling out and everything, that's awesome and I'm happy for them...but could somebody give ME a chance to get a freakin' ticket? Every time I've tried to go get tickets, they've already sold out!), but from the clips they showed of their opening night show, they sounded good :up: :). If they do extend their tour through 2006, that'd be cool, 'cause I want to see them soooooo badly...

Angela

I was at work last night and forgot to record it ...
Gonna catch it this morning though ...
Hope it's as good as everyone is saying ...
Actually, it probably will be ... cuz U2 specials on VH-1 usually are
pretty good ... still, cannot wait !! :hyper:

RicoT.O said:
I saw it too, it was great.

50 Million for the tour set up!!:drool: :shocked:

yeah but they've already sol 300 million in tickets

or as paul mcG says " Mo money Mo money Mo Money"

they've really done a great job marketing this tour

yeah that edge stuff is awesome...i got guitar stuff like that but nothing on that level....that blue box on the floor are already preset sounds for each song and he steps on one to activate the sounds and guitar tones and other daisy chains of pedals and other presets for each song.

This program was GREAT !!
Just finished watching it ... although, I didn't like seeing Bono wearing that hat !! VH-1's coverage of the band was good ... there wasn't any member neglected ... they spoke to everyone in U2. I especially liked the end of the program, when the band was talking to VH-1 and Bono said that he was so nervous, that he felt like "throwing up" before going out onstage. The Edge
even mentioned how the band will NEVER be "fully-rehearsed" and if they had 10 years to do it ... they could still change things at the last moment ... Just goes to show us that no matter how scared they are before the shows or how much more rehearsing they might need ... they will continue touring and strive to give the audience the best performance ever... :drool:

Does anyone, by any chance, have this recorded to their computer? I don't get VH1. :(

i liked the part where briefly, Bono is rocking out to Right Here, Right Now by Fat Boy Slim....that song is awesome

Larry, Edge, and Bono are cool guys but Adam comes off as SO suave! I love the part where he calls under the stage to Dallas, then tells the camera "You have to have permission to go in here." Permission! He's Adam Clayton! I really got a chuckle out of that. He seems to be such a polite, mellow guy. I'm glad the show spent some time with Adam.

I liked when the edge was standing on the cliff and bono was like
do'nt do it edge,you were just out of tune that's all!

The show was great!!! All that stuff that goes on is amazing..the guitars ARE SO AWESOME!!! I loved the colin imitation TOO HILARIOUS!!! It make me want to see the show so badly but i have to wait till the 3rd leg:( ...but the wait WILL BE WORTH IT!!!:drool:

Adam got me all wound up today. He must be my favorite U2er. I dug when he broke out his '60s basses. They were just beautiful. The green one, which Clayton called "very rare" had little nicks all over it. Interesting. These guys enjoy their classic gear.

It was terrific! I can't believe this was done by the same network that does Surreal Life and Strange Love and all those other crappy shows. The only thing I would have done differently is skip the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame stuff and the other footage we've already seen and shown more footage from the opening concerts.

xana dew said:
Adam got me all wound up today. He must be my favorite U2er. I dug when he broke out his '60s basses. They were just beautiful. The green one, which Clayton called "very rare" had little nicks all over it. Interesting. These guys enjoy their classic gear.

I agree - I think the segments with Adam and Edge were my favorite. Adam definitely seems like a really pleasant guy.

SoBe-

These times are E.S.T. I hope you get to see the show, it's a real treat.

Sunday - 4/17 - 2:30A
Mon - 4/18 - 1P
Wed - 4/20 - 1:30A

xana dew said:
SoBe-

These times are E.S.T. I hope you get to see the show, it's a real treat.

Sunday - 4/17 - 2:30A
Mon - 4/18 - 1P
Wed - 4/20 - 1:30A

Thanks for posting this. I don't have to work on Monday, and will definitely get to see it. :hyper:

Thank you for posting the torrent!!!!...i live in Montreal so no VH1 for me...can't wait to see this!!! :dance:

So this answers the question about "secret musicians" under the stage, there aren't any, except the guitar/bass/drum techs, just one big rig full of sounds, loops, and whatever musical jargon I don't really understand to replicate the sounds from the albums.

Hehe liked the part with Larry on the mobile phone, "no Bono's not here, he's not gonna be the leader of the world bank."

Adam is just so classy.

Loved this show. The one impression it made was just how down to earth these guys are. Certainly didn't sense any "superstar" attitudes. You can just see the friendship between the band members and they have such a great sense of humor (esp. Bono). I could easily see myself hanging out with these guys:) (one can only dream, eh?:)

Back
Top Bottom