SpinxMontreal: Get OFF!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baker6621

War Child
SphinxMontreal get the fuck off this site if you don't like U2. Some of your stupid comments:

"All the b-sides on ATYCLB suck. Not to mention the lousy ReMixes"

"Images of spending a lot of green on them and getting bs in return"

"Dowload it for free or get a DVD burner. Don't waste your money on this. I hear the performance was way off"

"I don't think this is the time to be hanging around airports. You think the band hangs around airports waiting to be annoyed by fans?"

"The artwork sucks. The idea is cliche. They're both CandyAss music"

All within the last day. You ain't a U2 fan, DMB? Jovi? NSYNC? Please, tell us.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

YEAH!
and explain your user name as you leave, i'm curious...

------------------
always wear your safety belt

hehehehe

FYI baker....Sphinx has been whining the same tune since ATYCLB came out. The guy would complain if he was in heaven.

I'm surprised he's back actually. I haven't seen him around since the huge setlist debates that raged back when the tour just got started. I figured he'd blown a nut and gone to troll somewhere else.

Ah well, can't please all the folks all the time. I'm sure I'll read some post of his one of these days and freak out and rage as well.....
rolleyes.gif

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

"Dowload it for free or get a DVD burner. Don't waste your money on this. I hear the performance was way off"

I can't resist
wink.gif

Sphinx baby.....lemme tell you that you're the one that's way off. I was there sweetcheeks...and they were amazing. I'm sure you'll wet your pants when you see it, and then come to the board and piss and moan. Must be tough needing all this attention
tongue.gif

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
YEAH!
and explain your user name as you leave, i'm curious...

Sphinx is a club in Montreal that plays alternative music.

Every post that Sphinx has written since's he's been on Interference has bashed U2, yet he was always promoting the U2 party at the Sphinx nightclub.

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 11-11-2001).]

Baker, you missed another, on the topic of Robbie Williams....."Maybe he should open for U2, they both make candy ass music" or something of the sort.

LOL! Me thinks Adam fucked his girlfriend or wife or something, and did it while at the same time holding Sphinxy down with his left foot
biggrin.gif

or maybe he's a bored sour piece of shit trying to get a rise outta some1?!

Just ignore, everyone's entitled to their opinion, although....his opinions on a U2 FAN site? hehe, don't let him bother ya though.

Why don't you oversensitive jackasses sign a petition to have the moderator kick me off. These are the type of people who give U2 fans a bad name.

We're back to make your lives a living f***n hell, as long as we're allowed that is!

Have you checked out our new site recently. Sorry no more CandyAss U2 music promotion on our site. http://www.SphinxMontreal.com

guys, I hate to sound like a jerk but the very creation of this thread is giving this loser a reason to stay, your intentions are gonna backfire as long as this guy is around!

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Me thinks Adam fucked his girlfriend or wife or something, and did it while at the same time holding Sphinxy down with his left foot

LMAO!!!

Yeah, he's just bored. But can you imagine the fun you could have doing the same thing on an N'Sync board?
wink.gif

Haha we're the ones who give U2 a bad name.

The people who bash them 24/7, say their music is "candyass" and that their live performances suck are the true U2 fans. Damn, I was confused, thanks for helping me out SM. Guess I should leave, since I'm not a "real" u2 fan.

Pathetic

if your posts are supposed to be sarcastic...well....keep trying.

what's the point of being a fan if all you do is complain? maybe i just don't get the point of this bored....you mean we're supposed to come here to bitch and moan about a band we supposedly like?

uuuuhhhhhh huh
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Naya:
Sphinx is a club in Montreal that plays alternative music.

Every post that Sphinx has written since's he's been on Interference has bashed U2, yet he was always promoting the U2 party at the Sphinx nightclub.

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 11-11-2001).]

really??? where is it?

------------------

On their website the "Music News With a twist of Lemon" is basically a long vendetta against U2.
My favorite entry is in a "News" piece entitled "U2 Faced" from Oct 12:

"...To shamelessly promote their new album, U2 pays tribute to former rock stars Mike Hutchence [and] Joey Ramone...even though these artists have a snowball's chance in hell to make it back to the industry."

While either extremely ignorant or extremely insensitive, he is correct: Michael Hutchence and Joey Ramone have a very small chance of "making it back to the industry."

[This message has been edited by mug222 (edited 11-11-2001).]

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal:
Why don't you oversensitive jackasses sign a petition to have the moderator kick me off. These are the type of people who give U2 fans a bad name.

We're back to make your lives a living f***n hell, as long as we're allowed that is!

Have you checked out our new site recently. Sorry no more CandyAss U2 music promotion on our site. http://www.SphinxMontreal.com

I might not like what he says either, but he has as much right to be here as you guys do. This is supposed to be an off topic place to throw around ideas. Let him through his own ideas around. You don't have to listen. Besides, I'm sure he has said something smart before and will say something smart again that no one else would think of. Leave him alone.

Actually no, Sphinx has never said anything intelligent.

A stroke of genius baker missed is this: "The guy that got picked probably works for U2 backstage tuning the Edge's guitar. U2 keeps using this gimmick because ignorant fans keep believing that it's real."

Free speech talk is so funny because obviously he can say what he wants, but then we have every right to make fun of him and say how wrong he is and that he should shut up... it's free speech after all.

But that notwithstanding, the fact of the matter is that this fellow doesn't like U2 and the only reason he posts here is to demean U2 and intentionally incite U2 fans to get pissed off and offended. That my friends is what a "troll" is. Or, in much broader terms, an asshole. But at least he's a funny (intentionally?) asshole.

Maybe the best thing would be to ignore him, because he just wants people to get all worked up about him, and that's all he cares about.

Then again, we're humans and as humans we have human natures. And when someone hits you, it's human nature to hit back.

Therefore, in my opinion the people yelling at him are more justified than you might think.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 11-11-2001).]

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
guys, I hate to sound like a jerk but the very creation of this thread is giving this loser a reason to stay, your intentions are gonna backfire as long as this guy is around!

in every similar conversation in internet history this exact sentiment has been expressed. it's probably true, but this thread is gonna happen regardless and then we will let the bugger fade into the darkness...

------------------

The best way to disarm an asshole is to treat him/her amusingly, like a parody. The media successfully did that to both Marilyn Manson and Eminem, and now both are seen as harmless commercial fakes.

If we see SphinxMontreal in the same light, whatever he spouts will make no difference.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by melon:
The best way to disarm an asshole is to treat him/her amusingly, like a parody. The media successfully did that to both Marilyn Manson and Eminem, and now both are seen as harmless commercial fakes.

If we see SphinxMontreal in the same light, whatever he spouts will make no difference.

Melon

I think you may be on to something here

I got great amusement reading his review about how U2 has permanently dropped Bullet the Blue Sky from the setlist because it is too much of a rock and roll song to appeal to the kiddypop loving kids they're trying to appeal to.

Maybe he is smart after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom