Speculation about New Album Release Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burningedge101

The Fly
ATYCLB
Beautiful Day video shot= Aug. 9, 2000
Beautiful Day to radio= Aug. 31, 2000
Album released= Oct. 31, 2000

HTDAAB
Vertigo video shot= Sept. 14/15, 2004
Vertigo to radio= Sept. 23, 2004
Album released= Nov. 23, 2004

New Album
New single video shot= Dec. 10, 2008
New single to radio= ?
Album released= ?

Seems like there is about 2-3 weeks between the video shoot and the song going to radio. Both Beautiful Day and Vertigo premiered on a Thursday, so I'm guessing the single will go to radio on Christmas Day.

Seems like about exactly two months between single to radio and album release, and albums are always released on a Tuesday in the U.S., so I'm guessing album will be released on Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a definite "calm before the storm" vibe in here anyway... So many people hanging around but very few new posts! It's all going to explode pretty soon!!! :hyper:

It would also be interesting to see when, during each album's respective event schedule, the first official announcement of the album's release and tracklist occurs, as well as the first "official" review of the album.

Its a shame the single wont get #1 in the UK because of the damn X factor Christmas scandal 2008.

It would also be interesting to see when, during each album's respective event schedule, the first official announcement of the album's release and tracklist occurs, as well as the first "official" review of the album.

I'm curious to know when the singles for BD and Vertigo were announced. Pretty good indication of when we should be hearing news that way.

Optimistic timetable:

Single goes to radio: January 5/6
Album leaks: February 14
Album released: February 23/24

explain vaz

In the UK, the x factor Christmas single stays #1 for like a month and dominates the airwaves, shifting easily 1 million records. 500,000 copies were already ordered without the winner being announced.

We should get a Christmas Eve radio release, then, if not sooner (December 17th, maybe?). Then the album two months later. :hyper:

Whenever it happens, the new single going to radio is the next step in the process. :ohmy: Wow. That's big.

This news story has U2 announcing HTDAAB on September 14 or thereabouts. Right about the time the video for Vertigo was shot. Only two words are needed here: stay tuned.

This news story has U2 announcing HTDAAB on September 14 or thereabouts. Right about the time the video for Vertigo was shot. Only two words are needed here: stay tuned.

But Vertigo was already announced in August 2004 to be the new single, at least 4 weeks before it got radio play. So what does that mean?

But Vertigo was already announced in August 2004 to be the new single, at least 4 weeks before it got radio play. So what does that mean?

Maybe the thing about the lead single not being decided until recently is true. The band just weren't sure if it would be A or B so they didn't say.

I don't think the naming of what it is will really affect the release schedule all that much

That Vertigo was going to be the single then from day one, so they were able to announce it earlier. This time they've probably had a few to choose from until they settled on GOYB. I'd think a single announcement for both the album and first single is on the cards here.

Last edited:
Maybe the thing about the lead single not being decided until recently is true. The band just weren't sure if it would be A or B so they didn't say.

I don't think the naming of what it is will really affect the release schedule all that much

I just checked the date of the first announcement of the first HTDAAB single (title was still unknown). Already around July 14th it was known that the new single would be released in September.

I just checked the date of the first announcement of the first HTDAAB single (title was still unknown). Already around July 14th it was known that the new single would be released in September.

yeah, but back then they had a finished album and were waiting for a fall release with it for a few months, this time they were recording till just few weeks ego.

We're getting so close, the single could just pop up on the radio in a few days. :drool::hyper:

Nothing will happen before january, possibly even february. things are just too quiet.

Nothing will happen before january, possibly even february. things are just too quiet.

Well, I wouldn't say releasing info that a video was shot and dropping a hint concerning the song's title as being "too quiet." Especially considering it was u2.com that put this out there. It is pretty significant. What makes this unpredictable is the Holiday period. That being said, the fact that a video was shot just before the Christmas break is a pretty big deal. I didn't even think that would get accomplished until January. Now I am fairly certain that 3-4 weeks isn't out of the question to hear a new single (I'm leaning towards first week of Jan.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom