Speculation about New Album Release Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the tour booked yet? No, right?
Doesn't it take at least 6 months prior to the start of the tour for them to book it?

I've heard rumblings lately through sources close to ticket agencies that they already have something lined up at Soldier Field in Chicago sometime in the summer. Now, I don't know about this myself, but could it be possible there are already bookings really hush hush?

It's gonna be great to find out one day if they planned ahead of themselves that maybe they wrapped up one album, enough to proceed with booking a tour, and that they bought themselves the time to finish the alleged 2nd album that would come out later in the year. If U2 actually did this, to borrow a line from Dumb & Dumber, they would have totally redeemed themselves :wink: for nearly a 5 year wait, then to do it all under covers like that

I'm starting to wonder if there is a set-up of some kind--with the single release. The date on the U2Spain page makes me suspicious. Might they just release the single on Wednesday (online, maybe free for a week like the Boss did)? If all these people (webmasters, etc.) have some kind of inside information about something happening in the next couple days, wouldn't this info already have leaked by now?

I've heard rumblings lately through sources close to ticket agencies that they already have something lined up at Soldier Field in Chicago sometime in the summer. Now, I don't know about this myself, but could it be possible there are already bookings really hush hush?

US in the summer?:scratch: I doubt that

Has anyone thought to ask our own Elvis if he's heard anything?

I find it hard to believe that record execs are telling fan sites to be ready for the news in a couple of days, and they don't bother telling the owner of Interference.

It does sound like we'll have some news tomorrow, although I wish it'd be today. I have a feeling this forum is going to explode again some time tonight, and into the early morning (here in US time)

I'm starting to wonder if there is a set-up of some kind--with the single release. The date on the U2Spain page makes me suspicious. Might they just release the single on Wednesday (online, maybe free for a week like the Boss did)? If all these people (webmasters, etc.) have some kind of inside information about something happening in the next couple days, wouldn't this info already have leaked by now?

yeah its sooo weird

I just heard on the radio today that they finished the first video for the first single which they said would be Sexy Boots...they also said that that tune would be a dancey techno number. The word soon as in release was also used. :hyper:

I just heard on the radio today that they finished the first video for the first single which they said would be Sexy Boots...they also said that that tune would be a dancey techno number. The word soon as in release was also used. :hyper:

:hmm: Reeeaaallly?

damn on the name. But hurray for something :)

I prefer Sexy Boots to Get On Your Boots, but I don't care either way as long as the song is good.

that would be too funny if we all heard the beach clip wrong and the title is actually "Sexy Boobs".

sorry, i'm sick

I don't think it's called Sexy Boots. I still think it's called Get on Your Boots, but the Radio has probably read online somewhere the name Sexy.

What Radio station was it that announced this? I would have to think if there's an announcement tomorrow, we should know the name of the first single.

Can't see it being techno/dance though from the beach clips we heard, although the quality on my sound system was shit, so who knows!!!

I actually heard 3 U2 songs (all from War and October) on 2 different stations this morning within half an hour of each other while driving to work and I thought that's it they must have the news! :lol:
but the dj's didn't say a word about anything after the songs :grumpy:

b4955b0a.jpg

great cover for a great title

imagine there Bono with his creepers instead of that model and you have the real cover

Oh yeah! :drool: Dancey, techno, number, me likey very much. Innovative? probably. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Although I have a feeling it will get a mixed reaction from the public because of the name Sexy Boots. :|

Sexy Boots?
Dancey techno number?

I like it!
:D

instead of an Ipod commercial, i wonder if we're getting a Skechers commercial this time.

Where did this radio station get their info? Edge already said that the song would be called "Get On Your Boots." And how do they know that it will be "dancy" or "techno"? Did they hear it?

Where did this radio station get their info? Edge already said that the song would be called "Get On Your Boots." And how do they know that it will be "dancy" or "techno"? Did they hear it?

I hear you...that's like when POP was called a techno album in the press before the album was released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom