Speculation about New Album Release Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree..the tracklist is the thing I am most excited for.

We pretty much know the Single name and Album name so (unless there's been changes) learning those will be a bit anti-climactic...and dates are just numbers (though interesting), but the tracklist would give me something to sink my teeth into and let the imagination run wild.

I think the dates would be the worst. It'd most likely say that new single would be out in January and that'd leave us again just waiting for that date to come.

Announcing the tracklisting without dates would be cruel, which makes it a very distinct possibility. :wink:

Seriously though, dates come first. They always do. And I'd prefer them over titles, because it will make the album's release a reality instead of some vague potential occurrence.

how about a single tomorrow released on itunes as well as the video & the date that the album is going to be released?

thats asking for too much...... :reject:

They'll dribble the info out to get maximum exposure and to stay in the news. No purpose in blowing their wad in one shot.

Oddly, I'd just like to get a look at the new design ideas. If not the actual cover, at least the fonts, color schemes, etc.

I'm a dork. :|

Announcing the tracklisting without dates would be cruel, which makes it a very distinct possibility. :wink:

Seriously though, dates come first. They always do. And I'd prefer them over titles, because it will make the album's release a reality instead of some vague potential occurrence.

I totally agree.
I would much rather not know stuff about the album, but know exactly when I'm going to get it, than just tracklisting/titles, etc.

When is the new Q due out?

I think tomorrow is the highest possibility, given the huge advertisement that U2spain.es has for the date

The last Q was out on November 25th, so I suppose there's every chance the new issue will be out pre-Christmas. I hope you're right about tomorrow.

Oddly, I'd just like to get a look at the new design ideas. If not the actual cover, at least the fonts, color schemes, etc.

I'm a dork. :|

Funny you say that, I was just looking at the covers to the new Killers and G N' R albums, and wondering what U2 will do this time. No band photos on their albums - I think U2 should do something a little bit different and more interesting than the last three. Not sure we'll get what we want though, so we might have to settle for tracklistings and dates!

Tracklisting > dates. We know about the February release so the release dates for the single and album are formalities, but I'd like to know what songs made it on the album.

I'm thinking of that Q interview that talked to Edge, actually (and NME said February as well, off the top of my head, and HMV had the February date recently). But additional info from another member doesn't hurt.

Yeah U2girl, how can you still be so confident about it???

I wouldn't swear on anyone's head that the album comes out in Feb...

Would you? Not on my head please! :D

Funny you say that, I was just looking at the covers to the new Killers and G N' R albums, and wondering what U2 will do this time. No band photos on their albums - I think U2 should do something a little bit different and more interesting than the last three. Not sure we'll get what we want though, so we might have to settle for tracklistings and dates!

Totally agree. Although, this happens with EVERY new U2 album, it seems: we fans clamor for cool, trippy, weird artwork on the cover, and instead we get a boring old Anton Corbijn photo of the band, every time

:wink:

From Baja at Zootopia:

"I'm hearing 2.23.09, and tour in spring.

To be confirmed

B".

Now, I am getting nervous.

Ah yeah but they are saving Album #2 til November so they'll rake it in then with U2 right at the height of the cycle of public conciousness, mid-tour etc...

That's pure speculation by the way, not out of the question though!

Didn't McGuinness say they "learned their lesson" with the March release of "Pop" and would only release near the holidays?

I thought the whole lesson that came out of Pop was dont book the tour before the album is finished.

Ah yeah but they are saving Album #2 til November so they'll rake it in then with U2 right at the height of the cycle of public conciousness, mid-tour etc...

That's pure speculation by the way, not out of the question though!

It makes a lot of sense--on many levels. The financial holiday news-making angle is obviously a big one. Plus they supposedly have enough material to do it. I would so much rather have them do that than release a double album. If the Feb. album is fantastic, than a November album would just be icing on the cake and there wouldn't be the same pressure to market it as the NEXT U2 ALBUM. They could make it a Rattle and Hum type concept, but instead of mixing studio and live tracks, they can mix studio tracks ('b-sides') and Morocco jam sessions (long instrumentals, etc).

how about a single tomorrow released on itunes as well as the video & the date that the album is going to be released?

thats asking for too much...... :reject:

After what Radiohead did with In Rainbows, and the Raconteurs releasing their last album ahead of time, nearly unannounced, not that I expect U2 to go to those lengths, but the precedent has been set and anything less is possible. Of course U2 is U2, but I'm hoping we get a surprise or two like what you suggest. Rather than roll out a huge red carpet, just blindside everyone and immediately turn some heads and watch the firestorm errupt that U2 shocked with a surprise release. I'd have to believe it would sell no less than it would with all that pregame. Just keep the hype machine rolling once it's out :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom