Speculation about New Album Release Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what do we really even know?

Last week U2 was filming a video for their first single (potentially 1st single). With technology today, doesn't take as long to go through production. It's very likely we could see a video and have a song on radio in a few weeks.

U2 were in the studios in London a few weeks ago, supposedly finishing up recording/mixing. Probably another month to master the album.

The only thing that concerns me is that we hear there's going to be news, and then nothing. I just can't believe that those websites just made that shit up. The Spain site was getting dumb with putting up the tracklisting, but maybe they were just trying to satisfy the fans that were bitching the most.

The last time the engines got going, and then just stopped, there was a family issue. So lets hope that's not the case, and probably isn't.

I know U2 and their website have given us more information with those little clips this time around, but they still really leave us in the dark more than just about any other band I can think of. It's always cloak and dagger with this group :)

I don't see why it would hurt us the fans to know what's going on. Like a little blog from a band member saying "Recording going great, ready to mix and master in weeks ahead".

Instead we get cryptic videos, and a brief summary that U2 are making a video with girls and boots. Just fucking say; the video is for Get on Your Boots. What does that spoil?

It's rumored that we'll have a U2 article in Q next week. Let's not get our hopes up there either. Could be Coldplay, Oasis, or even Radiohead for that matter.

end of rant/post. Sorry if it's all over the place. Just gets tiring to wait.....AND yes I have other music to listen to!!!

I just think with the holiday season and all...most people's attentions are focused elsewhere and a U2 announcement or new song debut would get lost in the holiday season...my feeling is that Bono might have really been right for once in saying "You'll be hearing form us (very)early next year,we want 2009 to be our year"

I really think the whole attitude in the U2 camp is "2009.....New Year......brand new song...new album"

So they(U2) don't want to be associated with 2008 in any way...at this point it's a good possibility we will hear the new single on the 1st or 2nd of Jan. 2009.....the more I think about it the more it makes perfect sense...the only way I might think differently is a Q magazine article coming out next week.

'No Line on the Horizon'
The band's new studio album will be released on Monday March 2nd, 2009.

No Line On The Horizon, the new studio album from U2, will be released on Monday 2nd March 2009.

Written and recorded in various locations, No Line On The Horizon is the group’s 12th studio album and is their first release since the 9 million selling album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, released in late 2004.

Sessions for No Line On The Horizon began last year in Fez, Morocco, continued in the band’s own studio in Dublin, before moving to New York’s Platinum Sound Recording Studios, and finally being completed at Olympic Studios in London.

The album calls on the production talents of long-time collaborators Brian Eno and Danny Lanois, with additional production by Steve Lillywhite.

nolinepressshot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom