Speculation about New Album Release Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2.com has been the most interesting source the last couple of weeks

it's taken them a couple of years to get there though

Didn't Bono reference a few weeks ago that U2 will own 2009 or something like that....I think we may get the title of the single, album, and release dates, but we won't hear the song or see the video until the first week of January....unless they are 'leaked'. Just my $.02

Bean

^ haha, axver, if ever I am in a really good mood, can I count on you to bring me back to earth>?

Naturally. They don't call me Assver for nothing.

U2.com has been the most interesting source the last couple of weeks

it's taken them a couple of years to get there though

I would say this is much less a case of U2.com getting their shit together, and much more a case of U2.com simply having a level of access to the U2 camp that unofficial sites don't have. If anybody else had the same access, I don't doubt they would have done a much better job. I hate to think what U2.com is wasting.

Bono's "we need to fuck around in the studio and do nothing to make it appear that we need would like to have more than two additional songs" announcement was made around 9 AM EST on Tuesday, September 2nd.

My guess is that the news in question will arrive around that time tomorrow morning. Not only does it match up with past news releases, but it also fits with U2miracle's claims that tomorrow morning would be a good time to start expecting news.

Bono's "we need to fuck around in the studio and do nothing to make it appear that we need would like to have more than two additional songs" announcement was made around 9 AM EST on Tuesday, September 2nd.

My guess is that the news in question will arrive around that time tomorrow morning. Not only does it match up with past news releases, but it also fits with U2miracle's claims that tomorrow morning would be a good time to start expecting news.

It would have been 9 AM EDT, no?

:wink:

It would have been 9 AM EDT, no?

:wink:

Ah, yes. It's EST during the winter, yes?

I thought we decided it would probably be tomorrow morning in Irish/West European time, meaning late night(tonight)/very early morning in the US. ?

It depends on where the information comes from. U2miracle said that it would be through the official site, which would be later, but I sort of expect it to leak out sooner through some other means. We'll see. I'll keep watch for a few more hours.

Ah, yes. It's EST during the winter, yes?

It depends on where the information comes from. U2miracle said that it would be through the official site, which would be later, but I sort of expect it to leak out sooner through some other means. We'll see. I'll keep watch for a few more hours.

Thanks. I'm doin' the same.

Here's to hope. :wave:

ah, and out of today we have a valid point - it only took nearly 24 hours of lunacy but we've got one. well done.

I thought we decided it would probably be tomorrow morning in Irish/West European time, meaning late night(tonight)/very early morning in the US. ?

Not sure I'd be expecting it that soon in US time. The time difference between Ireland and the US east coast is five hours (I think; might be one more hour in either direction). I'd expect the news to come during the Irish workday, so even if the news came right at the start of the morning, 9am in Ireland would be 4am on the US east coast.

I'm just hoping that if the announcement is indeed coming day, the news leaks before about 1-2am Aussie time.

Not sure I'd be expecting it that soon in US time. The time difference between Ireland and the US east coast is five hours (I think; might be one more hour in either direction). I'd expect the news to come during the Irish workday, so even if the news came right at the start of the morning, 9am in Ireland would be 4am on the US east coast.

I'm just hoping that if the announcement is indeed coming day, the news leaks before about 1-2am Aussie time.
it's six hours. phail.

It wasn't today but let me tell you, its close!! Reall close. I think before the week is over we may get something but I am not sure if we will get something tomorrow. But I am very sure by the end of this week we should know title, tracklisting and release date perhaps? We are so close I can touch it!

It wasn't today but let me tell you, its close!! Reall close. I think before the week is over we may get something but I am not sure if we will get something tomorrow. But I am very sure by the end of this week we should know title, tracklisting and release date perhaps? We are so close I can touch it!

I know, very close indeed. :hyper:

Maybe Thursday or Friday, tomorrows still possible, but it would be a bit of a shock.

Are we still expecting something? :|

I personally feel that there is potential for news during any of the following:

• Tuesday morning in Spain (7-10 AM there, 1-4 AM here)
  • Tuesday morning in the US (8 AM-Noon)
  • Whenever U2spain gets their act together and updates the site on Wednesday

I won't start feeling pessimistic until all of these fall through. If they do, there's not really any reason to believe we'll receive anything this week, unless we hear some other rumor to obsess over.

Are we still expecting something? :|

No, we're just sitting around comparing timezones because we think it's fun. Seriously, what do you think? Maybe try reading the thread and contributing something next time, rather than making worthless posts that contribute nothing to the thread.

I won't start feeling pessimistic until all of these fall through. If they do, there's not really any reason to believe we'll receive anything this week, unless we hear some other rumor to obsess over.

Oh okay. :)

Somebody should set up one of those websites that are set up every time a new absurdly expensive video game console is released and sold out, where people get text messages when one becomes available. A website that will text message everyone when any of U2spain/U2miracle/atu2/interference/u2.com posts an announcement. Then we can be woken up in the middle of the night when the announcement is made.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom