Specifics you want on the new album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
There's gotta be some specific things you want from this album. Certain song styles? songs addressing certain things? Blah blah whatever. I want:

- At least three rock titles. I don't mean mellow rock, I mean ROCK!!! In the vein of Elevation or The Fly.

- Another song with the sound of Kite. I love that song.

- No more Bono voice cracks (Wild Honey, When I Look At the World)

- Nothing like Wild Honey!!!

- No songs like Peace on Earth. I don't like these types of songs at all. It's overdone and cheesy to me.

- No songs about AIDS or the war in Iraq PLEASE. I've heard too much about these things lately already.

- I'd like a song about Ali or Bono's family. That would be really nice.

- A song or two similar to something from Passengers or the Million Dollar Hotel sountrack. Something ambient and moody and relaxing. Ok now I'm pushing my luck.

- Plenty of 'woo hoo's' from Bono. I'm sure I'll get this!!!

- I want them to give this album the proper b-side treatement. Good b-sides like Lady With the Spinning head and Always. Not covers or remixes or live tracks.

Hmmmm... that's all I can thing of for now. Anyone else?

I don't want the rock songs to sound like their "Beat on the Brat" cover though.....I haven't liked what I've heard (although little) from the sample clips out there right now....it's definitely rocking, but I hope there's some nice production behind it. Otherwise, it could be a bit dull....from what I've heard though, I think the band and their acquaintances really like the album and it supposedly is like their older material but with an Achtung Babyesque polish.....so basically, I just hope that it's well produced.

I'm guessing that with Lillywhite, Iovine, Eno, Flood, etc. all putting their 2 cents in, "well produced" won't be an issue...:wink:

ATYCLB's production

Didn't most of these guys help produce the last album? The production on that is fairly muddy. Specifically the drums on Elevation, Beautiful Day, When I look at the world. Basically, the more rocking songs.

I want music that is joyful and uplifting :happy: and kicks butt :combust: at the same time.

In other words, ATYCLB crossed with Achtung Baby!

If at all the album resembles AB at all I'll be happy. I just want really good songs with the Edge being heard loud and clear (AB album). I just want a great album and I think U2 will deliver. :wave:

Rock songs. Lot of Edge. Powerful riffs, guitar solos.
Songs with an original anti-ATYCLB song structure. Possibly an epic in the style of Bad or Lemon.
In short, I want best album since Achtung Baby.

In my 18 years as a fan, U2's never let me down with the tunes so what I want is the best U2 album cover EVER from Anton. :)

I want it to have big rocks songs like MOFO, Gone, The Fly, Do You Feel Loved not so called big songs like Elevation which to me is one of their worst songs in years. Also leave the Peace on Earth and Grace stuff behind and focus more on big ballads like One. Any half assed songs like Playboy Mansion and Miami need to be left behind to. In short leave ATYCLB stuff behind and focus more on BIG rock and roll songs.

*hides under a rock before the ATYCLB police arrive* :reject:

I want lots of emotion and great ambient stuff, and intelligent lyrics. Some sublime guitar work with nice effects from Edge. Songs like MOFO and DYFL would be nice, or TUF and 40 if we're going back a bit. I don't want the album to remind me of Achtung Baby or the lower points of ATYCLB. I want to love this album.

EvolutionMonkey said:
*hides under a rock before the ATYCLB police arrive* :reject:

Wooo, woooo, PULL OVER......

Nah, I agree with you. I love ATYCLB because I think the songwriting is great, but even I thought it would rock a little more than it did.

Looking forward to a "harder" crafted album.....hopefully.

What do i want from u2? I don't want a remake of POP or ATYCLB (I LOVED both albums but i think they didnt stand the test of time too well) I want a re-run of Achtung Baby with a touch of Jashua tree in there. AB is by far my favorite U2 album and favorite album of all time and no matter how many times a listen to it it never gets old and always feels relevent to todays time IE it stood the test of time quite well infact i think it is alot better then jashua tree. From what i hear in the clips in vertigo mainly it has major sounds of songs that would fit in the AB album! and as for ABOY sounds more like earlier stuff like war or boy. so here is my wish list providing 12 songs are in the album.

2 slow songs like ONE or The Hands that built america

4 songs like Mysterius ways or the fly or even better then the real thing

3 real hard rock songs like bullet the blue sky or silver and gold but harder if possible

3 guitar driven songs with good lysics. Can be slow songs or harder rock songs. IE wake up dead man

So there it is that makes an album of 12 songs with a good mix of soft slow songs with harder rock songs!

BUT

PLEASE i hope there are no songs like GRACE I absolutly HATE that song and I can't believe U2 would put such a song on ATYCLB

my 2 cents
Nico

i want the lyrics of the joshua tree mixed with the guitar from JT and AB, bass and drums from Pop, and energy of the early days

oh yeah i also want another Bad or Streets

is that too much to ask?

Actually, that may be the most perfect way of describing the album most of us want.

You can?t always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You just might find
You get what you need
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You just might find
You get what you need

Re: ATYCLB's production

lmixristhebest said:
Didn't most of these guys help produce the last album? The production on that is fairly muddy. Specifically the drums on Elevation, Beautiful Day, When I look at the world. Basically, the more rocking songs.

SOME of these people were involved in the last album, but one of the crucial exceptions was FLOOD!!! I think he is the best producer in the business (along with Butch Vig). Especially when it comes to rocking out. Eno and Lanois are not on this album. Which could mean another totally different feel like Zooropa had. I think Eno and Lanois (and any producer) have a lot of effect on the finished product, even though I think that Lanois seemed to have more influence than Eno last time. Eno likes the more experimental stuff i think, taking his background into consideration. But I think we probably are in for some different aspects and expressions of their sound this time because of the production team. I'm so im - fucking - patient!!! Bring it ON!

I WANT THEM TO SURPRISE ME! YEAH...THAT'LL BE OK. :) I LIKE WHAT I JUST HEARD. LEAVE THE BOYS ALONE...ALL YOU 'I WANT THIS...I WANT THAT' PPL.

two words....THE EDGE.
thats all I want, I hope this is his record like they say. Then if thats the case, the rest will fall into place. I dont care how fast the songs are or whatever, just let the man loose.

I want songs like Electrical Storm and One, and something like WOWY but that song is unique.... In all his contents

Um ... I want an album about a Boy in October during a War dancing in the Unforgettable Fire Under A Blood Red Sky right next to a Joshua Tree hearing a little Rattle Hum saying "Actung, Baby" playing with the animals in Zooropa like a Passenger till everything goes Pop when we book a room in the Million Dollar Hotel and with find All That You Can't Leave Behind. Then throw in all the b-sides, tour/studio rarities, covers, best of's, and everything else. Bring to a boil and let simmer and "in a little while" you'll have the U2 album I'm looking for.

BTW ... ATYCLB has the best written songs of any U2 album and Achtung Baby is the best album as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom