Special thanks to Galagher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He inspired Bono to write the song when he said to Bono that his dad is "one step closer to knowing", discussing about the matter that Bono's dad has lost his faith.

discussing about bob hewson after his death, noel asked bono if his father believed in god, bono answered that he didn't really know, so noel said to him: "now he's one step closer to knowing"

Here's the quote from Bono:

Noel Gallagher gave me that line. We were in Birmingham on the last UK tour. I was telling Noel that my old man had lost his faith and didn't know where he was going. And Noel just said (adopts passable Mancurian drawl), 'Well, he's one step closer to knowing, isn't he?'

ZeroDude said:
He should have kept it for Oasis

But Noel never wrote any of that song...so how could he keep it? There was a rumor 2 or so years ago that Bono was writing a song with Noel, but Oasis' management denied that this was true, and then Bono explained the whole thing...so there was no way for Noel to keep it.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

But Noel never wrote any of that song...so how could he keep it? There was a rumor 2 or so years ago that Bono was writing a song with Noel, but Oasis' management denied that this was true, and then Bono explained the whole thing...so there was no way for Noel to keep it.

Kept the line for Oasis,,

Reggie Thee Dog said:

The implication of keeping the line for Oasis is that ZeroDude doesn't like having OSC in Hut Dab.

I like it and I think it's earned its rightful place between Crumbs and OotS. It's a nice little oasis between the two songs. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom