Special olympics...what will they play?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
What will U2 play at the special olympics this june? Will we see a preview of any new material? Or perhaps the first live version of Electrical Storm? Or will they just play a couple classics for a safe bet? What's your opinion?

I would guess some kind of encouraging/inspirational thing, like Walk On. But maybe something from the new album will fit too and we'll all get a treat! :hyper:

I don't know if "Walk on" would be a good one, since some of the participants in the special olympics cannot walk! It might be of bad taste to play that song. Probably right about the inspirational thing, though. "One" will almost definately be played, since it promotes peace and equality among everyone. "Streets", "Beautiful Day" or "Pride" would work too. But I can't see ES being played, now that I think about it. Maybe if there is an inspirational part of a song on the new album, a snippet might be thrown into the end of "One". Didn't he sing "Sometimes you can make it on your own" during the end of "One" at one of the Slane concerts? Just wondering.

FallingStar said:
Where will that take place?

Hi Falling Star! :wave:

The Special Olympics will take place in Ireland. The most parts of the event will be in Dublin.

The opening ceremony will be on June 21 in the Croke Park in Dublin.

It probably won't be broadcast except on some satellite thing, but I'm sure we'll find pics;)

The_acrobat said:
I don't know if "Walk on" would be a good one, since some of the participants in the special olympics cannot walk!
Ehh, it's a metaphor. I wouldn't think it'd be in bad taste.

hmmm...
what about beautiful day, one and even better than the real thing, to give the participants a lot of courage?

We have a couple of local swimmers who do well at the special olympics. Good luck to them all, I hope they enjoy good weather.....and good music and craic:)

Australia has just confirmed a soccer match against Ireland in August. Now that is something I would like to attend.

i think they'll play 3 songs...

1 Beautiful Day
2.Maybe Electrical Storm or something new
3.Where The Streets Have No Name or Maybe Pride

the could supprise us and play something we dont expect though...

Back
Top Bottom