Sound of the Edge: Hillsong United?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

major_panic

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Was listening to "United We Stand" by Hillsong United on the way in to uni today, and I was stuck by just how Edge-esque the guitar on the album is, especially the first two tracks.

Anyone else notice this?

Please note this isn't the place to be bashing Hillsong or their practices, do that elsewhere and make sure you tell me! :wink:

major_panic said:
Was listening to "United We Stand" by Hillsong United on the way in to uni today, and I was stuck by just how Edge-esque the guitar on the album is, especially the first two tracks.

Anyone else notice this?

Please note this isn't the place to be bashing Hillsong or their practices, do that elsewhere and make sure you tell me! :wink:

I do know that Darlene Zscech is a huge U2 fan, so maybe?

All my friends love Hillsong United, I like a couple of songs, not exactly my cup of tea, but I agree. I remember hearing one song that started with the exact same riff as UTEOTW.

major_panic said:

Anyone else notice this?

Grits teeth.....start such a thread before i contaminate this one with my anti-Hillsong thoughts!

I'll have to hear the song, if I can bear to.

Doesn't surprise me that all this church music sounds U2-esque...U2 are a very churchy band, with soaring choruses and some uplifitng lyrics

Back
Top Bottom