sorry, sorry. But Im still tryin to get my head round this one part in Please video.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
...yes, yes.

The scene in Please video, where the wife walks through the door, and theres a cut to something else then back to them (gawd its been 2 years since I last saw it!) then as the wife gets down onto her knees, the husband stands up....

then theres this shot of them, well her, lookin into camera, and suddenly he puts his hand on her shoulder............of course will Bonos singin the Please, Ur Knees stuff.

well, is it my imagination, please, someone prove me wrong, that this is NOT an indication, a sexual reference of her 'giving' him u know............is it?

I will be honest with u guys and dont go sayin, 'ur dirty mind Maddie', it has NOTHING to do with that..........its just first time, then second time I watched the video, that part always disturbed me in a 'good little girl/woman....get down and give me'..............and it makes me shiver when he puts his hand on her shoulder, almost in a 'put woman down as sexual slaves' thang.......and made me think of men out there forcing girls to do that................for the woman gives a look tahts sad.

Sorry, sorry, I dont mean to go further,.............and I dont mean to disturb u all......but I just dont know story behind it..............thats all.

I am wrong......arent I?

I saw this video for the first time when I got the best of DVD. I know exactly the scene you mean and I had a totally different take on it, altho now you mention that I can see what you mean.

I thought he patted her on the head at one point so I saw it as the "little" guy coming home to the even "littler" woman. Kind of she knows her place in life and that makes him feel more of a man, the master of his household if nothing else.

But as I've never really understood many of their video's I've prob missed the point completely :D

Back
Top Bottom