sorry, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
am I the only one who thinks this is one of the oddest sights you could possibly see?????

mia_051.jpg

Bono on the PIANO! I want to see more of it!!

Hey, it's Bono without shades on, I never thought I'd see that!

That' pretty cool :) Hope he does that on 14th June in Manchester :wink:

It's a bit like when he plays guitar live. Is it just me, or do other people get excited when Bono picks up his guitar? :huh:

I think that's Bono playing piano on The Sweetest Thing during the first leg of the Elevation Tour. Damn, he looks a lot younger and it hasen't been that long ago. Weird :|

mtoreilly said:
It's a bit like when he plays guitar live. Is it just me, or do other people get excited when Bono picks up his guitar? :huh:
Sometimes he really plays it too.

"He always looks younger when he's not wearing shades."

I couldn't agree more. That pic is definitely from the first leg of Elevation 2001, just four years ago. Very cool! Thanx for sharing.

Yeah, it is Bono playing Sweetest Thing on the Elevation tour. I'd give you the dates and everything if I could remember them! :huh: I'll have a look for the image on Google again...he looks so young in that shot...no glasses, relaxed face, I bet the angle and lighting has something to do with it to... :wink:

mtoreilly said:

Yeah! I think it's a real shame he doesn't play it more often. He would always play during 'A Day Without Me' and 'I Fall Down' and god knows whatever back in the day...now it's just the occassional bit of backing on 'Walk On' and whatever else I can't remember, sorry...:(

I wish he would play more guitar nowadays, especially during the newer material where Edge is playing solo where there's more guitars layered on in the Studio. 'All Because of You', 'New York' and 'Yahweh' (if played full band) and POSSIBLY 'Vertigo' (for the guitar solo) could benefit hugely from extra backing guitar!! :(

Back
Top Bottom