Sophie's Choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
I think it would be even funnier during the first show ...

The band are roaring through Vertigo.

Bono: Hello, hello!
Edge: Hola!
Bono: I'm at a place called Vertigo!
Edge: Oh shit, we should be playing in Australia!
Larry drops a drumstick. Adam's poshness is compromised for a second. Bono turns around and stares.
Edge: This concert's over. Forget the tour plans. We're playing the 'Gabba in Brisbane tomorrow night! See you all there!

Yep, I think I could enjoy that.

:lmao:

Wait--

The 'Gabba? :|

Renne said:

:lmao:

Wait--

The 'Gabba? :|

Alright, fine, the Ballarat RSL or any other appropriate venue (I don't know Ballarat but I'm guessing you at least have an RSL). On one condition, though: you pay for my airfare and front row ticket!

Axver said:
Alright, fine, the Ballarat RSL or any other appropriate venue (I don't know Ballarat but I'm guessing you at least have an RSL). On one condition, though: you pay for my airfare and front row ticket!

:applaud: With pleasure! I'd even fly you down first class for that! :wink:

I'd take it out of the RSL, though. The idea of U2 playing somewhere with pokie machines turns my stomach.

Renne said:
:applaud: With pleasure! I'd even fly you down first class for that! :wink:

With champagne? And U2 across the aisle? I'm really liking this now, even though I'd kill to see them play the 'Gabba.

I'd take it out of the RSL, though. The idea of U2 playing somewhere with pokie machines turns my stomach.

Yeah, Adam's been addicted to enough as it is! Actually, I was going to ask you on LJ when I was doing my setlist insanity thing, but I forgot: where shall U2 play when they come to Ballarat?

(And can this thread go in any more weird directions?)

Axver said:
With champagne? And U2 across the aisle? I'm really liking this now, even though I'd kill to see them play the 'Gabba.

Of course. I couldn't stint on that!

Yeah, Adam's been addicted to enough as it is! Actually, I was going to ask you on LJ when I was doing my setlist insanity thing, but I forgot: where shall U2 play when they come to Ballarat?

I've seen too many people I love and respect ruined by gambling. :| If I was getting U2 to play here I certainly wouldn't encourage it for anyone.

:scratch: Venues to play? I'd call a super secret gig at the Bridge Mall Inn before it was turned into Tubby's Bar :madspit: - back when it was the home of original live music [bands that went on to become big played there - it was GREAT!].

Originally posted by A_Wanderer
U2 play Ballarat, I'd like to see that :wink:

Oh, hush you! :tongue:

Renne said:
I've seen too many people I love and respect ruined by gambling. :| If I was getting U2 to play here I certainly wouldn't encourage it for anyone.

I've been remarkably immune to people I know becoming caught up in gambling. Alcohol, drugs, weird girlfriends, and just about everything else under the sun, yes, but not gambling. Well, anyway, U2 can stay away from the RSL. Let's set up a stage at the largest AFL park (capacity-wise) and be happy! I'm sure you have some sort of AFL stadium there. I mean, come on, it's Victoria.

Australia lost an incredibly gifted double bass player because of gambling. I'm bitter.

Axver said:
I'm sure you have some sort of AFL stadium there. I mean, come on, it's Victoria.

:tongue: North Ballarat, but we ban people from going into the club because of the pokies. Hang on, what am I thinking, it's the country. We have paddocks!

I would just like to say that even though this topic was created out of boredom - it mentions a historical catastrophe that some members of Interference have personal experience with due to the lineage of their own families.

In the future, when making a jokey thread about who you would kill in a Nazi Concentration Camp, please exercise some sound judgement and ask yourselves how you would feel if this situation had touched your family.

I realize it's cool that Edge replied in here - but this thread has a really insensitive basis to people who might be truly hurt and disgusted by it.

I think HelloAngel said it well... and on that note... this topic is in the wrong place, and way off topic, and started in bad taste,... which cancels each other out, even though Edge posted in it... which means..... it's CLOSED.

On the note about the 'Nazi' thing... since it's more of a topic to come up in Free Your Mind, for the last couple of years we have had a policy about how people use the word 'Nazi', comparisons, etc. Never thought it would be brought up in here though.

With that said... Nazi, Nazi Germany, the holocaust, the hearding and slaughter of 12 million men, women, and children, are nothing that should be the butt of jokes or a cure to boredom. That is both my opinion and the opinion of the moderating team.

And for some reason... although this thread wasnt intended to be serious.... the topic of killing a band member just doesnt sit welll with me... nor does the topic of killing anyone.

We may have nearly 23,000 members, but we have millions of readers on this site... and personally.. this is one of the last things I'd like the wrong person to read and get ideas from.

I hope you understand the position... this has nothing to do with being politically correct... it has to do with the sensitivity of the topic as well as the poor taste in which it was used.

Please... use your creativity to think of some less negative scenario.... I dunno... like which member you wouldnt invite somewhere... or .. which member you'd kick out of the band (although thats still pretty ill... lol)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom