Songs U2 should cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Since there's a thread about people covering U2, how about U2 covering other bands?

Okay, just pretend U2 is good at covering other songs.

1. "Queen Bitch" by David Bowie
2. "Baba O'Riley" by The Who
3. "Karma Police" by Radiohead
4. "Yellow" by Coldplay
5. "Under the Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
6. "The One I Love" by R.E.M.
7. "Endlessly" by Muse
8. "Lyla" by Oasis
9. "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones
10. "Get Back" by The Beatles

I'd like to see U2 cover an REM song that's not "The One I Love." I just don't know which one I'd pick instead.

I was teetering between "The One I Love" and "Losing My Religion".

I could live with Losing My Religion, but it still wouldn't be my first choice. Maybe Drive or Daysleeper.

Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis (I want to hear Bono sing, "So don't look back in anger...")

Dark of the Matinee by Franz Ferdinand (I'd love to hear what Edge would do with the opening riff)

corianderstem said:
I'd like to see U2 cover an REM song that's not "The One I Love." I just don't know which one I'd pick instead.

It's The End Of The World As We Know It :yes:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Like Bono could remember those lyrics...:wink:

Exactly. :lol:

Or, better yet, have Edge do it, and let Bono do the "time I've had some time alone"'s in the chorus.

u2fan628 said:
photograph by Def Lepard. Now that would be hysterical!

:lol:

Or Pour Some Sugar On Me ... isn't that the song Bono mentions in U2 by U2, how they were in a taxi in East Germany, and the cab driver blasted it through the amped-up speakers?

Like a Rolling Stone - Dylan (give a lyric sheet to Bono)
Starman - Bowie
Polly - Nirvana

These would be good covers!

corianderstem said:

:lol:

Or Pour Some Sugar On Me ... isn't that the song Bono mentions in U2 by U2, how they were in a taxi in East Germany, and the cab driver blasted it through the amped-up speakers?

Sort of, he and Adam were hitchhiking somewhere in the states and they were picked up by this guy with a suped-up sound system. He was playing Def Leopard really loud at first but when he recognized B and A he changed over to The Joshua Tree and Bono was disappointed their music didn't sound as good...

It was mentioned in Flanagan’s book as well, Bono called it "Industrial" music, which is a bit of a stretch IMO but I get the idea he was trying to convey.

LemonMacPhisto said:

2. "Baba O'Riley" by The Who

I believe they snippeted it at the beginning of WGRYWH from the Hawaii Vertigo show. :wink:

"Out here in the fields! ... No..."

With the idea that they can cover other people's songs ... I would say ... Blinded by the Light by Springsteen just to hear Bono fuck up the lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom